Search results

1. M

Aquarium safe silicone?

Well guys, just incase anyone was wondering or had the same issue as I did. I have went ahead with the White G.E. 1 silicone and setup my fuge. I let it cure for about 3-4 days till I could not smell a sour vinegar smell coming from the fuge anymore. It has been about 2-3days and my corals and...
  2. M

High Ph 8.8!!!

Not really chasing a specific PH, just wondering why it got so high after being stable for a solid month. Went to the lfs today where I bought my chaeto. He said the chaeto could be releasing a lot of oxygen into my tank thus raising the PH. Is this true? The chaeto is in my display tank as of...
  3. M

Aquarium safe silicone?

Thank god! as this is my second time redoing my baffles for my refugium. The first time i used G.E 2 only to find out its bad for my little fishes. This time I used G.E.1 but in WHITE!!!!! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just glad to hear its safe. Now i can let it cure for a few days before i can test out...
  4. M

How to introduce Carbon and Phosban to a one month old tank?

I have the two little fishes phosban reactor. but haven't set it up yet. Dont want to throw media in there and have problems. So i'll take it slow. I accidentally bought a maxi jet 600 for my reactor. Would this be too much flow for phosban or carbon?
  5. M

Aquarium safe silicone?

I've searched through the forums for a safe aquarium silicone. I've read many people use the GE 100% silicone 1 for windows and doors. My question is, I accidentally bought the white silicone instead of the clear. Is it still safe?
  6. M

High Ph 8.8!!!

Hi guys, thanks for the response. I am using a API saltwater master test kit. I've been using it for the past month which is how old my tank is. It's been stable at 8.0-8.2 for the life of my tank. I retested just now and am getting the same results. I will try to take a sample to my LFS and...
  7. M

High Ph 8.8!!!

ok so about 5 days ago my ph was about 8.0-8.2. Yesterday I bought some chaeto (sp?) to add to my newly built refugium. long story short, the refuguim was not ready to accept water,sand,chaeto or anything for that matter. So I added it to my display tank. Tonight I just tested my water and now...
  8. M

How to introduce Carbon and Phosban to a one month old tank?

As the title states, how do I start using carbon and phosban in my tank? Can I just throw it in my new TLF reactor and bingo I'm done? Or do I have to introduce it slowly as if I were too acclimate a new fish to my tank? How did you guys who use these two media introduce it to your tank? Any...
  9. M

Best phosphate and carbon?

thanks for the info blake, or is it john? blakejohn :clink: I know u can run the gfo for a few months right? but what about the carbon, how often do you change it? I know it really depends on my tank but my water looks pretty clear so lets just say on an average, clean looking tank. How long...
  10. M

that is good to know that i should give it a good shake every couple days. Do you use your gfo and carbon in a reactor or do you bag them?
  11. M

awesome, how often do you guys change your carbon and phosphate?
  12. M

What is the best phosphate and carbon to be used in a reactor?
  13. M

Whats wrong with my blue lined Wrasse?

well today my blue lined wrasse came out and to my horror. it looked like fungus had taken over its fin and wound. i was able to catch him and bag him. took him to the LFS and the owner was nice enough to take him back and i exchanged him for a marine betta. I bought the blue lined wrasse about...
  14. M

can't find him now. he's been in hiding for the last two days
  15. M

Looked up lymphocystis online. Doesn't look like it. He is eating and acting normal except he isn't using his right fin to swim. I will try to take a better picture when he is out and about. Right now he is hiding somewhere.
  16. M

Theres something wrong with my blue lined wrasse. His right fin has some white spots and looks like a piece of his fin is missing. There a small wound...small circle in front of his right fin. looks like a bite mark or something. Is this ich or did one of my fishes nip at his right fin? I...