Search results

1. V

LED Lighting

Greetings all, I've had a halide lighting system for 3 years now and all is well, life is good within the display. I believe I have a balast that has blown because one of my actinic bulbs is out and there is a smell of something burnt out noticeable upon entering the room. Since it's also...
  2. V

Mantis Shrimp Help!!

Well welcome to my world. I started my reef 2 years ago with some beautiful live rock from TBS. About 2 days later I started hearing the clicking noises of several mantis shrimps. I wasn't sure what to do and although many suggested to remove them, I left them in because I just didn't want to...
  3. V

Can you ID theses?

I've seen these in my system off and on for a while. They are usually on the back wall but today I found one on the front glass. Any ideas on what they are?
  4. V

Virgil's 125 Gallon Dream Reef

Greetings All, I've seen these things in my system off and on for a while. Usually on the back wall but today I found one one the front glass on his way up I guess. Anyvbody got any ideas on what these are? They look like sand colored little star fish.
  5. V

Thank you very much for your encouragement ;-)
  6. V

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I can continue to enjoy these guys with less concern over that issue as I was hoping that would be the case (everything I've heard dealt with them cracking glass tanks). While I hear them daily, it's really cool to see them the odd times that I do. Really smart...
  7. V

Thank you Midas........I've got a lot of work to do though (as you can see) ;-)
  8. V

Thank you............I have a concern about that. Has that happened to acrylic tanks as well do you know? Between the 3 I've seen, the biggest is about 2.5 inches long. I managed to catch one of them and put him in the fuge for now.
  9. V

I've already forgot the name of this guy but I like a lot This is the latest FTS
  10. V

This is the LG Mini-split air conditioning unit that's keeping the room tolerable and I'm a happy camper now ;-) It's a pretty cool system, small but powerful and it doesn't take up much space
  11. V

This is the right side This is the left side. These photos are about a month old though because I've yet to get a recent FTS. I've decided to step my game up and try something a little more delicate than the Button Polyups and found this Yellow Flower Pot too pretty to leave in...
  12. V

I ended up putting a couple of turbo snails in and they did the job in a couple of hours. It's been clean ever siince and I do absolutely nothing to it.
  13. V

Hi Chris, it's your long lost cycling friend who also has a reef system ;-) Yeah it's been a while and I apologize for ailienating everyone these past few months but I have to admit to being a little discouraged with my heat problem I was having in the aquarium room. My tank temp sometimes got...
  14. V

One day Chris, I'll have a tank as well stocked as yours and Juan's. I don't think I'll get many more fish though........I'm really wanting a Mandarin Goby so I can hardly wait unti the system (including refugium) matures to the point where I can add him with the confidence that he'll have...
  15. V

Thanks Juan........I'm still looking into the air exchanger vs conditioner but it sounds like the exchanger would work for the entire house rather than the 25 x 25 foot room attached to my detached garage. I'm leaning more towards the conditioner because I'd need to cool the room during summer...
  16. V

Thanks for your input Chris! You continue to be a valuable source of "anti panic" for me. It's a relief to know that the fuge is acting and looking like it should. I do keep it concealed but i was wondering if it should look bad to be effective, which is does and it is so I guess all is well. I...
  17. V

Well race season is in full swing and has my undivided attention so I apologize for being absent from my thread. While I'm busy with bike stuff, I'm still dedicated to my aqauarium and have been diligently tending to my husbandry duties. All is well for the most part and the tank inhabitants...
  18. V

crespeto's inherited 100gal adventure

Nice pics Chris! It's pretty cool how the whole famliy is involved ;-)
  19. V

Thanks Juan :olsmile: I gave my legs a rest and skipped training this evening. Spent it listening to the Celtic game on TV and watching the tank. I picked up the camera and made a simple change with my settings and was amazed at the difference. :bouncer: As an example of the...
  20. V

Thank Chris. The tank is doing well. Numbers are good and everything on the back wall is getting cleaned up nicely. I see critters all the time and all seem well but it appears I have not worked out the salinity issue. It's back to 1.020. It's gotta be something with the ATO! I'll look into...