Search results

1. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

I'm sorry to hear that Terry. I found my yellow watchman goby in the back of the tank again this morning, unfortunately dead this time. It hurts. I sincerely hope that your watchman reappears.
  2. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

I love the hawk but the serpent freaks me out a bit!
  3. T

Reef Huskers New 250

Do you feed the frogspawn? When mine isn't extending as much, I target feed it some frozen mysis. He'll extend like crazy after a meal. I feed him about once a week.
  4. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

We were able to get the goby out last night and he seems to be doing well this morning. We ended up taking out the right pump and the skimmer and chasing him around with a long wire and a net. But, as soon as we put him in the tank he swam right up to the skimmer gate and almost got sucked in...
  5. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Tim called and is on his way home...he said he has a contraption in the garage that he may be able to use to suck the goby out...this is going to be an adventure!
  6. T

How do I get rid of aiptasia?

I had about 5 aiptasia also. I killed all but one with Aiptasia-X then bought a couple of peppermint shrimp. Sure enough, the next day the final aiptasia was gone. I haven't seen one since adding the peppermint shrimp.
  7. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

That's hilarious Tammy. I would love to see that but I bet it drives someone like you (clean tank fanatic) crazy!
  8. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

Thanks Terry. It is good to hear that you haven't had problems with the hawkfish especially since I have fallen madly in love with mine. My two "aggressive" fish have been great but one of my non-aggressive green chromis is a real jerk!
  9. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

Terry, I didn't follow the "rules" and added my new flame hawkfish without it being the last fish I wanted to add. With your experience with the hawkfish, do you foresee any problems with adding a medium sized midas blenny at a later date?
  10. T

Chris & Sarahs' 250

Your tank is beautiful. I really like the coral placement.
  11. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Chris, I added the hawkfish after the shrimp and have not had any problems. I was told by my LFS that if I add any new shrimp my hawkfish will likely kill them.
  12. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Tammy, I took a look around and it seems to me that the goby most likely went through the skimmer grate. I'm not seeing an easy fix but maybe Tim will come up with something when he gets home. I'm still concerned that my flame hawkfish will keep the goby in hiding so I am considering trading...
  13. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Thanks Terry. I've learned another lesson. I'll stick to purchasing bigger fish from now on.
  14. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

I figured I had either a shy or dead yellow watchman goby after not seeing him for 24 hours. I have now found him in the back compartments and have spent the last hour trying to catch him. We are really stressing each other out.
  15. T

Reefmack's RSM 130

I'm so sorry for the loss of your flame hawk. I enjoy seeing them at the LFS's. They seem to have lots of personality.
  16. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Hi Greg. I haven't heard of any in Vero yet but I did hear of one in Orlando that is about 50 min. from us called Sea in the City. Are you familiar with that one? I think that may be our first road trip.
  17. T

Chris & Sarahs' 250

Your tank looks really good. I love the starfish effect.
  18. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

Hi Chris and Sarah, Unfortunately, what I do, is babysit the skimmer and water level. I work from home so I am able to check on it many times a day. If I couldn't, I would definitely get another skimmer, and probably should anyway. I keep the "gate" almost all the way up, the neck all the...
  19. T

Tim/Val's RSM 250

I just wanted to post a FTS at 2 months...not much to show except proof that I am doing at least one thing right...going slowly. Unfortunately, it is because the only decent LFS in the area is closed on Sunday, Tim's only day off.
  20. T

How hot does your RSM 250 get with sicce pump

Glenn, I can't say the temps dropped because I never did have a working Hydor pump. So, I had been running it without a skimmer. I can tell you that I haven't seen a significant increase in temp. now that I have a working skimmer with the Sicce pump. Also, I keep my house temp. at 76.