Search results

1. nos2074

How Often to Replace Light Bulbs?

Bulbs usually start changing their color spectrum at about 9 months to 1 year. It's recommended to change at this time.
  2. nos2074

Pink Head Frogspawn Issue

I really don't know how you have a normal ph with a Ca of 320 and an alk of 7.3dkh. These 3 thing affect each other. One being off can throw the others out of wack. You have 2 out of wack so I would bet the Ph is off also. Try fixing those and see what happens.
  3. nos2074

And what's your alk
  4. nos2074

380 is the lowest it should ever reach. Range is 450 - 380. I keep mine at 440. So yes you are very low and need to work on getting that up.
  5. nos2074

New To Site And Reef Tanks

Welcome to RS......good luck on the new adventure
  6. nos2074

Does Kent AB include iodine?

Your normal water changes with quality salt will take care of the iodine you need.
  7. nos2074

Nerite Snails

80 seems a little high to set your temp. What does it go up to with the lights on? Most set the temp between 75 & 78
  8. nos2074

Backup power

That's why you use a quality surge protector
  9. nos2074

Backup power

This is one that I have although Its $15 more now than a few years ago. I have 3 by ETQ. Decent brand IMO. Great brand for the price. ETQ Portable Generator — 3500 Surge Watts, 2800 Rated Watts, Model# TG28P41 | 1,000 - 4,999 Watts | Northern Tool + Equipment Northern Tool has alot of...
  10. nos2074

pH help PLEASE!!!!!

Yes what is the ph at?
  11. nos2074

Saying Hello- New Here, not to hobby

Welcome to RS and your set ups are very nice.
  12. nos2074

Saltwater Questions

unless it smells funny it should be fine. I mix my water 50 gals at a time and only use 25 per change. So half sits til I have to do another change.
  13. nos2074

RO/DI Water

Did you try replaceing the filters and the Di resin, maybe the membrane.
  14. nos2074

Opinons on my sump/refugium plans

You only need one pump. Easiest way to do your sump with fuge is chamber intake from display and skimmer, chamber 2 return section, chamber 3 would be your fuge. Use your return pump with a T to feed your fuge. Like this Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums
  15. nos2074

A Reef is Born: Biocube 29 HQI

Tanks looking really good.
  16. nos2074

new reef keeper

Welcome to RS
  17. nos2074

Backup power

Oh I get it. You have one of those expensive smart lights. That makes much more sense to me now....
  18. nos2074

pairing a 8" maroon clownfish

Welcome to RS...I don't have the answer to your question but I've never seen a clown that big could you post a pic of it.
  19. nos2074

Backup power

I don't think I'd plug the lights into the UPS either. That 11 min is great if you're home. But isn't it pointless if it happens when you're at work, out of the house, or sound asleep in bed at night. I understand about the lights reseting but mine only take like 20 min at the most. I would...