Search results

1. D

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Just curious, are you still running the true lumen pros? I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 strips to my RSM C250. I'm assuming they look great on their own, but do they add shimmer to the tank when the T5s are on? Thank you.
  2. D

Here are good *Quiet* fans for RSM tanks

I know this thread is super old, but wanted to share some information I was able to find. I just purchased a new RSM 250c that I found in leftover inventory and got a great deal on it. I loved this tank years ago when I had the gen1 version and enjoy the size and it being closed top. I...
  3. D

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Is this tank still alive? I just purchased a brand new RSM 250c in white that should be delivered next week. I had been calling trying to find one in stock that was forgotten about and finally found it and paid half of what they cost new when they were still being produced. I really wanted a...
  4. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Not a ton to update, but I did pick up a new addition today...
  5. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Update: Everything seems to be going really well with the system. I've made a couple small changes with my Skimmer and Return Pump. I got rid of the Sicce 3.0 and started using a Waveline 6000 DC pump and sold the Vertex and started using an RLSS DB5i skimmer. Both are working great and much...
  6. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

The upgrade is $349.99. I purchased it from a LFS and they just started distributing them. I believe I saw they were on AquaCave.com as well. Good Luck. It's a great kit.
  7. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Update: On Wednesday, I picked up the sump upgrade kit for my E-260 and ran into a couple snags, but with RedSea's help in Houston got everything worked out. At first, the store I had order the sump upgrade kit from didn't want to include the plumbing, and tried to charge me an additional $90...
  8. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

It was definitely an awesome sale. I've been told they run it twice per year. They have a huge SPS tank with gigantic colonies, would guess around 600 gallons and so most of their SPS livestock comes from there, which means little to no margin on those guys. Definitely cool that they do that for...
  9. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Update: The tank is going great. I'm pretty much done stocking at this point already. If I find something crazy, I may add it, but it's time to start letting the corals grow. I found a Zoa Eating Nudi a few nights ago and lost him, but I took all zoas out to dip, and couldn't find any eggs or...
  10. D

s500 vs 525XL

I would go reefer personally. The downside of the S line is that they are extremely tall tanks, so they can be very overpowering in a room. I had the S650 and it was just far too tall and overpowered everything. After seeing the reefer series in person and purchasing an e series, I'm much more...
  11. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

So, I decided to go ahead and add an additional MP10 to go with my other one to add additional flow. Right now the 1 is sufficient, but I know as the coral grows and takes up space, the 2nd will be needed to add additional random flow with the 3 pumps from behind. This should add a great dynamic...
  12. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

There is no way to adjust them left to right, but they are placed evenly and the coverage is perfect. Definitely well thought out.
  13. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

I would say it's closer to the special grade without all the huge chunks. It's very uniform and I have always found it to stay very clean and that not become an issue. I don't think you would be disappointed.
  14. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

I am really not sure on the MP10 question. For now, it is definitely enough because of the added 2 circulation pumps and an additional pump will be used once the sump kit is released so there is a lot of flow. I may have to add a second as the SPS grow and block some of the flow. As for sand...
  15. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Better Pictures... I figured out how to take much better pictures than the ones above.... Those are just awful, and these aren't great, but figured out how to white balance better so that it looks more realistic and not so saturated. Over time, hopefully I can get better at the blue light...
  16. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Update: So a lot has changed over the last couple weeks and buying fully cured rock from a running system and using Dr. Tims One and Only worked great for the cycle, which didn't even last a day really. I've added several fish and several coral and everything is doing great, eating like pigs...
  17. D

Red Sea Max C & E Series Skimmer

Just saw this post. Will send you a pm. D
  18. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Thanks. I love clean lines and things that work as they should so I never have to worry about them. I wanted something larger than the couple gallon container that comes with the sump and that's what I found.
  19. D

dustinc's SPS E-260

Update: I ordered 50lbs of Monado rock from PremiumAquatics and received it on Friday. I was able to setup the rock how I wanted and added Dr. Tim's One and Only Reef to get the bacteria started with the cycle. I am very pleased with how that turned out. I am also using a Tunze ATO w/ a Trigger...
  20. D

Red Sea Max C & E Series Skimmer

I have a brand new, never opened Red Sea Max skimmer with pump. $50 shipped in the continental US. Great for a replacement for your RSM or for a small sump. D