Search results

1. reefhusker

cooling fans

Hello all, I need some help finding replacement fans for my 250. The ones on the right side have started making noise. While I'm at it I might as well get the ones for the back as well. Thanx in advance!!
  2. reefhusker

JBJ Chiller calibration

I noticed last night that the temperature display on my JBJ chiller was around 70 and slowly falling. The actual temperature in the tank was in the mid 80's. I have been trying to calibrate the tank temp on the chiller but it wont let me set the temp any higher. Anybody have any ideas? I've...
  3. reefhusker

Lobo not extending feeder tentacles

I bought this Lobo a few weeks ago and at first it was extending its feeder tentacles at night, however after a couple nights it would no longer do this. I've tried moving it and enticing it with food at night and nothing will get it to eat. Salinity - 1.024 Phos, Nitrate, Nitrite - 0 Temp...
  4. reefhusker

Goby suggestions??

My Yasha goby has gone MIA and I still hear the snapping of his shrimp buddy. I would like to order another goby but want to make sure I get one that will pair with a snapping shrimp. BTW the snapping shrimp is a smaller (1"or less). I would kind of like to get a sand sifter if possible as...
  5. reefhusker

Nusiance algae ID

I think this is cyano and its driving me crazy. I've tried Boyd's chemi-clean and it seemed to make it mad and it got worse. Can I get an id please
  6. reefhusker

Chiller Setup Pics

Would somebody with a 250 and a chiller be willing to post some pics of how they have it setup?
  7. reefhusker

zoas not opening

I got these zoas 9 days ago and they have yet to open up. A few of the polyps seem to want to open but never do. I've tried different places in the tank and nothing seems to help. All my others are doing great. Any ideas? I am battling cyano right now therefore when i'm home i blow it off...
  8. reefhusker

Yasha Goby eye problem

I have a Yasha Goby who is paired with and lives with a red snapping shrimp. I rarely see them except for feeding time as they spend most of they time under their rock. When he came out the other day I noticed his left eye was almost missing. Food was floating by him and he didnt even go...
  9. reefhusker

Chiller Help

I'm getting tired of stressing out over my temperatures. They havent been an issue up until recently where they have been hovering around 80-81. I keep a fan on the tank (250) 24/7 but it must not be doing much. So I found this:Arctica Titanium Chiller - 1/10 HP Is it big enough? Is this...
  10. reefhusker

Pet solutions anyone??

Just ran across petsolutions.com and wondered if anybody had ordered from them before. From the shopping ive done theyre prices are really cheap, however i don't know about shipping. They appear to have a great selection too.(FISH) Ive been looking for a small male blue jaw trigger and...
  11. reefhusker

Soaking and rinsing??

Is anybody soaking in Garlic? I've started doing this but all I do is put my frozen piece of Rods food in a bit of RO water and put a splash of Garlic Guard in to the cup and let it sit for a day. Then I turkey baste all of it into the tank. Essentially its like pouring the garlic right into...
  12. reefhusker

Tunze Osmolator in 250 ??????

My tunze osmolator came yesterday and want to make sure I put it in the best place possible. I have seen most place it in the #2 pump chamber. I have my ph and temp probes in that chamber and dont want it to get too crowded or throw off my numbers. Could it be placed in the media compartment...
  13. reefhusker

Crab Hitchhiker ID please!

Can someone identify this crab I have been chasing for a month now? Unfortunately he has buddies that are still in the tank!
  14. reefhusker

Unwanted crab in 250??

I finally caught one of these buggers that i've been chasing for a few weeks now. Is he good or bad?? They just showed their faces in the last month. Originally I thought they were baby emeralds but I think they hitchhiked on the LR.
  15. reefhusker

Need some Identification on these?

This little thing looks like a helmet with tiny tiny tentacles on the base and moves around very slowly. Stays on the same rock in the same area all the time. These have been on my rock ever since I got it. I swear I see some of them at different places but they don't look like they can...
  16. reefhusker

ChemiPure and Purigen in 250

I would like to hear where you 250 owners who use CPE and Purigen are putting it and how. I just added it but if I put it on the rack intended for carbon it floats up b/c of the purigen. I also think it is restricting my flow in chamber 1. Need some help here! I've tried zip tieing the bag...
  17. reefhusker

Midas Blenny Strange Behavior?

I received a Midas Blenny in the mail last Wedensday. Two B&W clowns were already in the 65 gal. tank to greet him. After drip acclimating him for 2.5 hours i released him into the tank. He went to the back upper right hand corner of the tank. He spends much of his time swimming upside down...
  18. reefhusker

Does this clown got ICH?

After doing a water change yesterday I noticed these 3 spots in my male clown. Was wondering if anybody thought it was ICH. He is acting completely normal at this time. I am getting livestock in today so if it is ICH i am in a bit of a pickle. Heres the best picture i could get.
  19. reefhusker

Reef safe butterfly fish

Is there a reef "safer" butterfly fish that people have had good success with? Preferably something easier to care for as well!
  20. reefhusker

What's in my 250

What on God's green earth is this that i just discovered? Maybe should have it in a different thread, but i'll start here!