Search results

1. reefhusker

cooling fans

Hello all, I need some help finding replacement fans for my 250. The ones on the right side have started making noise. While I'm at it I might as well get the ones for the back as well. Thanx in advance!!
  2. reefhusker

JBJ Chiller calibration

I noticed last night that the temperature display on my JBJ chiller was around 70 and slowly falling. The actual temperature in the tank was in the mid 80's. I have been trying to calibrate the tank temp on the chiller but it wont let me set the temp any higher. Anybody have any ideas? I've...
  3. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Got my new red sea test kits last week. Tested alk., calc., and magnesium. Top notch kits and very easy to use. Mg was 1480. Is that too high?
  4. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

My blue and purple hornets are a little slow to open. When I initially put them in the tank (temporary location) they opened nicely but when I went to glue them they have been very slow to open. I seem to have a little trouble getting zoas to open. Not sure what my problem is. What do you...
  5. reefhusker

Got my first chalice!

I took your advice and ordered from cultivatedreef.com. You were absolutely right. That place is absolutely top-notch. Greg goes beyond the call to please his customers and I will definetely order from him again
  6. reefhusker

Lobo not extending feeder tentacles

Photo was taken when I first added it to the tank. I have since moved it to the middle and it seems to be doing ok there. Might look into getting some oyster feast!
  7. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Getting ready to order my Red Sea test kits and would like to add to the order. Now that I have a couple SPS I was wondering if i need some different food. Phytoplankton, zooplankton, marine snow?? I am currently feeding Rods food(complete reef) which may have in it what I need but if not I...
  8. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Hes supposed to burrow beneath the sand but I guess I got enough stuff for him on the surface as he spends most of his time on top. :goofy:
  9. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Thanx Tammy! Its a conch and it might be part alien! It has like an elephant trunk that it uses to eat stuff off the sand and rock!
  10. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

I glued my new frags to my rock today and everything isn't quite happy yet but heres a few photos. These came from cultivatedreef.com. Sorry, my foxface got in the way! This came from my LFS. I wasn't planning on buying one but I wanted a sand stirrer and that he is. He also gets a...
  11. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

I will get some pics up this weekend of my new order from CR.com. Was wondering where I can get the latest and greatest test kits from Red Sea? Im looking for Alk, Calc, and Mag.
  12. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Based on what i'm seeing so far im hoping the halo less angel is doing just what Terry said. Picking at dead flesh on the edges. I did get the Revive coral dip and was rather impressed with it. Palys were opened up withon an hour of adding them.
  13. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Just trying to post using my android phone!
  14. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Thanks Terry, I wish it was my peppermint still causing trouble. I could much easier part ways with him vs the angel. At least i'm not out much $$ if they get gobbled up. Luckily no one in the community has been eating the zoas or palys
  15. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

Had a little mix-up with my order from cultivated reef. Only half the order was shipped b/c I added to my order over the weekend. He misplaced the paper and forgot but hes shipping the 2nd half today and he is also paying for the shipping. A+++++++ on customer service. Anyways got the 1st...
  16. reefhusker

Kyle's RSM 250

I think this is the one I got: Strawberry Crab No evidence that he's been any trouble in my tank. Very neat to watch, if you don't need much sleep!
  17. reefhusker

Thanks Eric!!
  18. reefhusker

I bought this Lobo a few weeks ago and at first it was extending its feeder tentacles at night, however after a couple nights it would no longer do this. I've tried moving it and enticing it with food at night and nothing will get it to eat. Salinity - 1.024 Phos, Nitrate, Nitrite - 0 Temp...
  19. reefhusker

Reef Huskers New 250

My order from cultivatedreef is set to ship out today for a Thursday arrival. I seem to have a bit of trouble sometimes getting my zoas to open. Just wondering if anybody would recommend dipping them in something before placing them in the tank. Would this assist them in opening better or...
  20. reefhusker

RSM 250 stock skimmer tips

I've noticed that on my stock skimmer, most of what I pull out of the water ends up sticking to the skimmer tube. I still get "tea" colored water but the gunk that gets stuck to the cup makes up most of what gets pulled out. I assume this is still accomplishing something!