Search results

1. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

I wont lie its not doing great. Having a wedding this year and everything else going on in my life the tank has been neglected. Im slowly getting it back to normal but finding the money before / during / after a wedding isn't easy, and going on honeymoon in December has also killed the old bank...
  2. dizzyg

New 95G tank...

No updates!
  3. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

Just changed my hood fans, what a mission finding fans in South Africa. Makes having a specialized tank a huge problem.
  4. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

Hi All LED question here I want to replace the T5's with LED, reasons are T5 bulbs are ridiculously expensive here. other issues is 35w x 6 bulbs and also the extra heat means my chiller runs more often. electricity prices in S.A are going up all the time so I need to start combating...
  5. dizzyg

New Red Sea Max 250 SPS Grade Retrofit DIY LED Kit

The Modular LED kit ends up about 50% more expensive than me having to replace my t5's (they cost +- ZAR 450 per bulb here) I think that I will add myself to the mailing list and wait for the release of their RSM250 kit!
  6. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

Okay so time for an update. Been in the new house for a while, have thought about packing the tank in a few times because of GHA bloom, ridiculous cyno outbreaks and general fish deaths. eventually managed to get it looking good again! here's the pics of the tank currently. Full tank...
  7. dizzyg

Developing LED kits for RSM Tanks

Really looking forward to this, Im currently deciding on getting a new tank but would keep the RSM250 if a "plug and play" LED kit became available.
  8. dizzyg

Red Sea Max Problem-Black wrap around bottom of tank coming off!

looks like salt creep to me? try adjust the DT water level, I find if I dont keep mine a little lower I get salt creep like that, but I do run eheim pumps instead of the stock RSM ones
  9. dizzyg

Everyone post your ride!

2011 Audi 2.0 TDI Multi Tronic replaced the VW polo in the background which I gave to my girlfriend but she didn't like it cause it was a manual so traded it in for a automatic car for her. Loved the polo but im heading for 30 so needed to upgrade to an adults car
  10. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

No idea what the issue is but we pay more for everything here. T.V's P.C's, all electronics, well all imports really. if you guys knew what we have to spend on tanks here you'd not want a marine tank!
  11. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

Toks, its madness! Im looking at a TSR build, 500l system with reactors, LED's and everything else included for about R21 000 less than half the price
  12. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

5500 Australian dollars = 45 455.6885 South African rands loads cheaper than here hey.
  13. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

As I thought ... someone is bringing some S line tanks in. they start at R50 000 for the 400 to R66 000 for the 650 to put that in perspective, you can buy a brand new small car for that money.
  14. dizzyg

RSM 250 - And it starts!

So looks like I'll be moving away from RSM ... doesn't look like the new tanks will make it to S.A and even if they do the price is going to be horrific ... there's a local supplier in S.A who builds tanks in sort of a RSM style plug and play but with LED and options like Zeovit / DSB /...
  15. dizzyg

ErnestoC RSM 650 S Piece Of Sea

lucky fish :P (you, and your fish that is!)
  16. dizzyg

Aquaripure nitrate filter

I really need to move out of South Africa, whenever I see something interesting like this and think "hey that looks cool" its not available here. sux.
  17. dizzyg

Jeff's RSM 400

Sooooo jealous. doesnt look like the new S series is making it to South Africa so I wont be upgrading anytime soon. Maybe the Green Card lottery will play in my favour and I can just get a S series in USA :P
  18. dizzyg

Happy Birthday dizzyg !

haha, Thanks guys! sadly no fish related birthday presents!
  19. dizzyg

New RSM 250 Media Rack

WANT SO BAD! but oh so broke :(
  20. dizzyg

Euro reef skimmer info, review, and guides!

I had one on mt 250 but its ended up in my garage, I just couldnt get rid of the microbubbles and the pumps were just no good, they needed to be a better brand.