Search results

1. kyley

Trimma tevegae Gobies

Sorry to bring back this thread from several months ago, but I was wondering if you found any of the Trimma Tevegae yet? I have been looking for them for awhile too! Trimma maiandros look amazing too - anybody seen them available anywhere? Thanks, --Kyle
  2. kyley

Dweezil's RSM 130D

Beautiful new fish Tammy! I hope all is well. Take care, --Kyle
  3. kyley

Here are good *Quiet* fans for RSM tanks

Cool, glad I could help! It's nice to have it quieter, huh? Take care, --Kyle
  4. kyley

Kyle's RSM 250

Hey Guys, how's everyone doing? I'm headed to the MACNA conference tomorrow AM. Anyone else here going? If so, let me know - would love to meet you in person if you're there! I'm there with my son all weekend. :) MACNA 2011 > Home Take care, --Kyle
  5. kyley

Anyone going to MACNA?

Hey Guys, Any of your RSM owners going to MACNA this weekend? If so, let me know! I'll be there with my son all weekend! :) I'm in Kansas City and though the 3 hour drive would be worth it. Take care, --Kyle
  6. kyley

Kyle's RSM 250

Thanks for the kind words all! Iain, I ran my own business until I sold it 5 years ago, and enjoyed that. So I'm looking forward to being on my own again! Leigh, yeah, we were all ready to book a month-long trip (a couple nights in Taiwan, a few nights in Malaysia, then a 16-day cruise of...
  7. kyley

Kyle's RSM 250

Hi All! How's everybody doing? Just dropping in with some quick updates: 1. On a personal note, the "new office" I was opening up (discussed on this page), got shut down along with me and my two new hires, just 2 months after opening. It came as a real shocker - I was the longest term...
  8. kyley

Yellow Tang with Black Ich - How to Avoid Reinfection?

Hey Guys, somehow I missed the replies to this thread. Anyway, I of course want to get captive bred fish (for fish that are captive bred) and asked my local retailers for captive bred. Unfortunately they weren't able to get them :( At any rate, this fish is doing great in my display tank...
  9. kyley

some of my fishes

I am *so* sorry for jumping in on your thread! - I was trying to post in the picture of the month thread! :-( --Kyle
  10. kyley

some of my fishes

Here's my BSJF, Spot: Thanks, --Kyle
  11. kyley

Thanks again Lee. I got two freshwater dips in before leaving and added formalin to the QT and will have my wife do that every other day while I'm gone (I have no idea, but thought 3-5 doses of formalin would be sufficient?). When I'm done with that, I'll try PraziPro in the tank (need to do...
  12. kyley

Thanks for the help, Lee. It makes sense. So I assume the sponge filters would need to be replaced for the new QT in this case? I have no sponges charged, and I only have a 10g (and wife won't allow any more tanks!), which isn't enough for a tang... With no sand in the QT, do you think the...
  13. kyley

Hi All, I have a Yellow Tang in my QT (plain QT with just sponge filters). It has Black Ich. I understand the process for treating it (FW dips, Formalin dips, or alternating). I'll do the first FW dip today. There's one problem I have with the process though. The tang has been in my QT...
  14. kyley

Lethals RSM 250

Hi Leigh, I could be wrong, but you might want to consider adding that dry sand more slowly (any live bacteria on it at one point is now dead and wouldn't help your water quality ;) Regardless, I'm sure that's the best way to do it anyway! Take care, --Kyle
  15. kyley

Lethals RSM 250

Hey Leigh, funny you ask - I just added a bunch of new sand to mine about 5+ days ago. It was bagged live sand and so far no negatives (I didn't even rinse it - which probably isn't a good move). I thought I might have a bit of a nitrate spike or something, but still 0 with Salifert... I...
  16. kyley

Pauls RSM 250

That's quite an effort! :) Sorry, in looking back my post may not have come across kindly - certainly didn't mean to sound judgmental or anything. Have you looked at ORA's tank raised mandarins? Maybe try again with them? Originally I thought they were just doing the target mandarins, but I...
  17. kyley

imaccat's RSM 250

Looking good Iain! You could trim that leather back and make room for a lot of other corals tho! ;) It's huge! Take care, --Kyle
  18. kyley

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

:) Thanks Glenn, likewise! I need to do some pics / photos this weekend - nominated for "tank of the month" in our local forum here :P Take care, --Kyle
  19. kyley

Pauls RSM 250

Good to hear from you Paul - I've been the same way - don't have time to follow as closely as I used to. May come back to see your pics though! Sorry to hear the Mandarin didn't make it. Do you have a fuge w/ a pod population built up? That's what I plan to do before getting one... Take...
  20. kyley

What next....my last fish

Hi Lynn, You made me realize a big error in my posts for Andy. For some reason I thought he had a RSM250 - not 130! I was confused before why people were concerned about bioload - now I understand! :( So Andy, Lynn is correct - the Midas may be too big, but some of the other Blennies (Tail...