Search results

1. W

phosban reactor pump

I assumed that the tank he was refering to was under 125..it does state that his tank is a 60g...In my experience the water volume moving through the tank does effect the water pressure inside the reactor...I run a 175gph on my phosban 150..the valve is kept at 3/4 turn..which when the water...
  2. W

phosban reactor pump

It depends on the water volume of your tank...you want the reactor to flow evenly..I compare it to what ground coffee looks like in a coffee maker...you need the media (to for lack of a better word) "perculate" in the recator chamber...
  3. W

floresent lighting question

you could use them for actinic lighting but I believe that is all they will be good for..
  4. W

birds nest survival?

hope it recovers..I love birds nests....
  5. W

Are you ready for this? Tequila Sunrise Millepora Hits the Site!! Plus so much more!

Re: Are you ready for this? Tequila Sunrise Millepora Hits the Site!! Plus so much mo love em'
  6. W

Nice 3'' frag pack

are you willing to sell seperately...like maybe just 4 or 5 pieces?...
  7. W

T5 Bulb Question

neither one is what I would call actinic..blue plus is around a 22k and aqua blue special is a 12k...blue special definately puts out a white color with some..almost unoticeable blue light...blue plus definately is blue..the colors flouresce and it has a high PAR for a blue bulb..actinic to me...
  8. W

My Mixed Reef Aquarium - Updated Pics

Do you use t5s..if so what is your color scheme..I wanted a more violet look to my water soo I tried 4 blue +..1 blue special..and one ATI purple..but it seems the blue special still drowns out the tank with 1 bulb...any info would be greatly appreciated..I have thought to go 4 or 5 blue and 1...
  9. W

Acropora - Color vs Growth...

guess you just have to find the happy meduim...
  10. W

+1 on high nutrients...I feed regularly for the fish and lps..and I notice my sps are vibrant in color...I honestly am of the opinion that low nutrients/no nutrients is just as bad as high nutrients..
  11. W

Frustrated!!! Starting all over.

I ould like to help but the way your readings are posted are a bit confusing...are you saying you PH is off the charts?...I would try testing with a better method first...test strips are just litmus paper and not completely reliable IMO...
  12. W

Those are bueatiful and so healthy looking....nice job...
  13. W

sympodium questions

I bought a 6x6" encrusted rock a week after Christmas..I remember the 1st week was little to know polyp extension..about the end of January mine really took off...the polyps are always out and to my surprise they are bigger polyps than when I first brought them home..It seems to me that the...
  14. W

Tyler I have the opposite problem..I too have ventured over to some sps..I get very vibrant colors but it seems they grow very slowly...Some examples--I bought a lemon lime mille frag in LFS's tank a dull green..In my tank it has changed to a very vibrant forest green..my friend bought a frag of...
  15. W

Sea Hare

my issue is you have achieved a means to an end...figure out what caused the HA in the first place..then there will be no need for the nudi..
  16. W

Calcium problem in 130D

higher the CA lower the DKH...and vice versa....
  17. W

New Bulbs - Help me choose

IMO..ATI is a better longer lasting bulb..they have a higher PAR than the Giesemann..UVL also is another good brand..but I have heard the lifespan of the bulb is not that long...
  18. W

What's wrong with this coral?

please undertsnad that acan ehinata is totally different an acan lord...
  19. W

Best T5 HO Supplement Bulbs

ATI blue +..plus it has more PAR than Giesemann
  20. W

Okay okay I know what the final verdict will be

what about lymphocysts...it resembles ich...and is a disease involving the immune system of the fish...