Search results

1. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

I've done what I thought was unthinkable...and sold my Toadstool Leather (my beloved centre-piece) as it had grown too big for the tank. I replaced it with a Duncan coral and a Candy Cane coral. I'm still getting used to the change and feel that the change makes less of an impact...Will post a...
  2. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

I also bought a 22kg bin of Red Sea New Formula Coral Pro Salt (the black bin not the red one) which has got an elevated dKH. It's probably been out in the US for ages.
  3. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

Thanks Anthony. That's nice of you to say. Your 250 looks great too. I went to have a look at your thread and remember looking at it when I started-out; your tank has come a long way. Pocky, my internet purchasing fingers are the same as yours, believe me. I probably buy someting for the...
  4. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

Hi Pocky, as Terry says, a short dumpy stalk. P.S. Have you won the Lottery? Thanks Terry et al for the response on the MP10. I've been using ReefCrest mode but will try NTM and others. I'm still battling cyano-bacteria, so will see which mode creates more movement on the substrate. I'm...
  5. S

Seeking advice on damsels fish

I have a yellow-tailed damsel which I added last very recently. About an inch long. It's a great fish imo. Always on-show, fantastic bright blue colouration, and will hold it's own against much larger fish. My Flame Angel and Wrasse chase it sometimes but it's so quick that it will out-run...
  6. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

My Royal Gramma has been eaten... Less than a fortnight in the tank. In hindsight, I think it was too small to put in last, as the Angel and Wrasse bullied it. It hid in a cave throughout and only ventured out at feeding time. I'm guessing it died of stress. Back down to 5! My...
  7. S

imaccat's RSM 250

Great looking tank. Good composition, rockscape and coral placement.
  8. S

Pocky's RSM 130D Adventure

Personally, I don't bother. The 'dead' areas just need more flow. You'll soon get a configuration [of the pumps] that will cover most of the tank, particularly if your fingers have been at it again! The bacteria will break it down or the skimmer will take it out. Another option might be to...
  9. S

maroon and true percula clowns

They won't get along.
  10. S

Flame angel!!!

I would suggest creating a proper environment for the fish first before putting anymore in. Why not put in more live rock, extract the fake stuff, etc and leave the tank to mature? Otherwise, my advice would be to forget about the Flame Angel and to put in fake fish too! :-)
  11. S

Beginner Corals in RSM 130D

I agree with Reefmack. Brains and Fans are difficult to keep and will require feeding with live food, including Phytoplankton for the fans - probably daily to stop them from dying. I have found it difficult to keep the brain and I am trying to recover it's health at the moment.
  12. S

Personally, I would just worry about pH, Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates and get into a good routine for testing those things. As long as you're using a good quality salt (or make sure that your LFS has), such as RSM Coral Pro or similar, the other four things that you mentioned will look after...
  13. S

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Hi fellow RSMers, here is my FTS as of 20 Dec 2010, together with a link to my tank thread. Happy New Year. P.S. I've since made a few adjustments and installed a Vortech MP10. Will update photo soon.
  14. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

Yes - I've read before that there are about 30 types of Brown Toadstool: some from Indonesia and others from Tonga. I don't know which mine is. Apparently, the ones from Indonesia are hardier, so I'm guessing that's mine. I've seen both the long-stemmed variety and the ones like mine at my...
  15. S

Regarding fixing corals, personally, I wouldn't bother. I've moved mine millions of times. You'll find that you want to move yours an inch, or slightly up or down, or next to that other coral or away from that aggressive coral, etc. I would take them off the ceramic tile only if you want a...
  16. S

lol...Fireman Sam is a legend! You probably know "Norman Price" too then!? I have two children: my daughter is 3 years old and my son is just 7 weeks old. My daughter loves the tank and impresses our frineds with her knowledge of the underwater world. It's funny when visitors say to her...
  17. S

Pocky, I'm from Cardiff, Wales. I dealt with a supplier of Tunze equipment in the Isle of Man. Information About Cardiff Enjoy.
  18. S

Exciting getting your first fish isn't it? I've read through your thread which was very interesting. Thanks. Everything seems to be coming along in a very controlled and informed manner. It's funny, I had imagined you to be a man, probably in his thirties/forties, but then I saw you say that...
  19. S

Need an ID please!

I'd agree. Looks good too!
  20. S

SALTY WATER'S RSM 130d

Yes, it's a brown/tan toadstool mushroom leather. I love it. If the polyps aren't out, the tank simply doesn't look as good. You can see how much mine has grown. I think it is trying to split itself. It is a peaceful coral but sulks if the water parameters aren't right or if something has...