Search results

1. L

Tell me who built this Ca Reactor

I think it's an older Octopus but the logo doesn't match their current style. Anyway I picked it up for $20 and am looking for the manufacturer in hopes of finding a manual to see what is missing (besides the pump of course) and what goes where. TIA for any help.
  2. L

Can a lux meter be used to approximate PAR?

LUX is a measurement of visible light or the intensity of the light our eyes see. A light could be blinding bright and the PAR level traveling the beam may be zero. There is no way to accurately determine PAR from LUX. You may see if an area reef club has a Quantum meter you could borrow.
  3. L

Where is the Love!!!

Why oh Why can't my 75 be ready for coral? I go to your site at least once a day to look, drool and torment myself. Soon I'll be putting an order in.
  4. L

Wanted: Power supply for MP40 ES

I was reading somewhere else that a supply for a computer will work. But I'm afraid of frying something. I'm sure I'll have to wait until payday and get a new one from EcoTech. Man this is like being a kid with Xmas gifts wrapped in clear cellophane. I can see it, I can hold it but I have to...
  5. L

MP40 Owners, Help Please

Will someone PLEASE fill in the blanks for me. I need a power supply and have an idea. So if you'd be so kind as to take a minute and give me the info off the face of your power supply. MODEL MP136 INPUT: 100V-240V ??/??Hz OUTPUT: ?? TIA
  6. L

Well the Driver and dry side were free. I just spent $100 on the wet side. I'm not really wanting to drop another $50 on a power supply. Besides my momma always said it never hurts to ask. :P
  7. L

Title says it all. If you have a spare you will sell cheap please please pm me. Thanks
  8. L

What makes a GREAT aquascape

LOL nice :) I shouldn't even have bought this system but it was one of those deals you can't pass up. The guy couldn't sell it because it was all DIY or modified, after months he finally caved and dropped the price to $150 just to get it out of his garage. Got the stand, hood, drilled 75g AGA...
  9. L

I know what you're sayin. Trust me I've begged and plead my case to the wife but if I want to go to MACNA, rocks just ain't happening right now. :)
  10. L

I picked up a 75 recently and am being forced to go minimalist because of lack of funds. I only have about 35 pounds of rock to work with. It's rock from my first build to boot, so it's not the best looking stuff to say the least. But that isn't why I'm looking for what you all think makes a...
  11. L

I like that. It gives a bit of depth to the tank. Very nice. Thanks for the pics!
  12. L

Nice! I like that quite a bit. Thanks for the images and your input. What is the software you use to make the models?
  13. L

Thanks for your input Dave! It's great to get such a varied bunch of ideas from all of my fellow reef enthusiasts. I hope today finds you full of satisfaction and thankfulness. Peace be with you brother.
  14. L

Just Wanted to say hi to everyone

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!
  15. L

New Hitchhiker

I believe they are colonial hydroids.
  16. L

Hatching Brine Shrimp IN your SW tank . .

Here ya go.Shell Free E-Z Egg A little pricey IMO for start up compared to buying normal cysts but if it turned out to be a one time expense it'll be worth it. Also if you want to give decapsulating a try in your own hatchery here's the instructions to do it.
  17. L

Hatching Brine Shrimp IN your SW tank . .

hrrmmm maybe :) I don't know if they come in as dehydrated hydroids (haha) or hydroid eggs attached to the cysts capsule, just don't want to get them started even though they wouldn't hurt anything in a reef tank (probably). Other reasons would be no empty shells to mess with, higher hatch...
  18. L

Very nice! Thanks for the links and letting me pick your brain a bit. :)