Search results

1. B

HELP! Advice for getting rid of cyanobacteria, tank details enclosed

Just about 1 month. FYI. Have been using phosphate medium, lights for 8 hours a day, and weekly water changes. Phosphate at ~5ppm now. Have used a UVc light in sump part of biocube. Red algae/brown dust (whatever it is) is still popping up within a day of tank cleaning, but it's less than...
  2. B

Those are the right pics. Is that brown/red stringy stuff not cyano? It grows back after scrubbing it within 24 hours. It will take over all surfaces that get light within 3 or 4 days. All google searches drove me to cyano (but it's red, not blue/green). Maybe i'm wrong? The tank has undergone...
  3. B

Thank you for the detailed reply. I've updated my post with some more findings. Phosphates seem to be the problem, and these could have come from either the rock or possible overfeeding before the tank was given to me. Flow in the tank is good, except for where the cyano collects (the...
  4. B

Hi, I've read a lot of the suggestions on the internet regarding containing cyanobacteria. I'd like to give more specifics about my tank so that I can choose the right treatment, because I have been unable to get it under control. What I have: - marine tank, 32g biocube (given to me by a...