Search results

1. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

GregT thats a pink dragon eyes or should I say thats what it was sold as, I think half the corals in the hobby end up with several names just depends on whos selling it LOL
  2. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

I posted this thread on another site but thought it would be good to add here Thoughts on my reef Hi all I'm posting this thread based on my experence with my reef system, Over time I've come to conclusions on the things I believe work for me. I've been influenced by many great tanks over time...
  3. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Here's a few pic's of newer frags added to system
  4. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Thanks, time is the key
  5. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Hi all just a little up date here, been awhile A anyway I no longer use leds for my SPS system and have switched to T5s with great resualts. Here's a few pictures from today hope you enjoy thanks Guerry
  6. rgfast

Guerry's adventure in breeding

the pair that have been laying are standard ocellaris, I have three of their clutches growing now with new hatch last night. I'm getting better at this LOL I'm skipping BBS and going from rotifers to TDO octohine A from Reed with great results. My biggest problem has been keeping nitrates down...
  7. rgfast

well everyone it took a year starting with Juv. clowns but we are now on our third clutch in the last thirty days, The first clutch was pertty much a bust due to pilot area on my part. I had build a lavrae collector that was more suited for shrimp than fish, after only catching a few fry we...
  8. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Mine are 14" above water surface, If you don't have par meter be very carefull when you start running yours. I've bleached coral in less than 5 minutes showing off the high par levels that I could produce to my club members.
  9. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

I'm running about 50% blue and 40% whites, caution should be taken when first starting your new LEDs they will produce alot more par than you think per brightness compaired to say MH lighting. I highly recmend checking par on current system before switching over then tune new lighting to same...
  10. rgfast

They do make noise, but I think it's pretty much the norm for a breeding system and its not like their in the living room LOL
  11. rgfast

I've just up graded their lighting this past week to LEDs so now they enough par in their tanks to support anemone's which I ordered two so far and should see by end of week
  12. rgfast

Well everyone I've started a small breeding system, this is something that has not been quick to just jump into. I started by first reading many good books as well research on-line, also I didn't just have pair in DT that were laying eggs and think this would be cool to try LOL. I have five...
  13. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Thank you so much, lots of hard work which never ends LOL
  14. rgfast

Shallow Rimless Build

Great to hear back from and Merry Christmas to you also. what type of pumps are you looking for I may have some laying around
  15. rgfast

Shallow Rimless Build

Frankie I see you popped on another forum! Its been along time since I've seen you post anywhere. I hope things are starting to go your way again and in the near future we can all enjoy seeing you get back to finishing this awsome project you know if there's ever anything you need a hand with...
  16. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

Sorry got side tracked LOL here's one for now but I will take some new ones later today and post. tank had its third birthday this month system was a mixed reef but now SPS only, I've set up a 125gal reef flat for softies and LPS
  17. rgfast

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

wow its been along time since I've updated this thread, I will post pictures of tank this weekend
  18. rgfast

Noisy RODI unit

i had same problem, it was the auto shut off valve like this one http://aquariumwaterfilters.com/shop-by-product?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=33
  19. rgfast

Feeding clam

i'm no expert here but I'm learning as I go, here's a good artical I came across on the feeding of clams Aquarium Invertebrates: Tridacnid Clams (Usually) Don't Need to Be Fed in Aquaria — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
  20. rgfast

Reefkeeper elite plus $260

Welcome, sounds like a great deal but it being your first post here I'm kind of scared to fork over the money on line