Search results

1. D

Red Sea Max 130D hood

Cannot believe I remembered password. December 2021, Merry Christmas. Why are these so hard to find When it seems everyone use to have one?
  2. D

Tank turned 49 this year

That'll be enteresting to watch.
  3. D

Done with reefing for now

Sell the livestock break it down and keep the equipment. It'll be there when the time is right.
  4. D

I need some advice...

I'm not too technical. Rarely test my water. Are these new mushrooms or just started acting different? I bought two mushrooms. Red and purple sitting in a plastic cup at a LFS. Both were about the size of a quarter. Placed them in my tank at the same level just about and several inches away...
  5. D

Cleaning built-in overflow

I don't clean mine. Don't clean the back glass either. Leave that for the snails and other algae eater types. Here's a picture of my overflow and you can see it's still covered. Still working on some things to set it back up. Refinished stand still have things spinning in my head which keeps it...
  6. D

Tank turned 49 this year

He's a little.............? Oh! Bigger.
  7. D

Keeping water quality good?

Make your own water. Figure out a schedule/time pattern when your corals seem to close up or aren't looking so hot. After doing a water change check the time frame to when this happens. For example, if it's five days when you notice the change(coral) then do you water changes every four days. If...
  8. D

Ever watch this guys YouTube video?

I live in H.B. This guy is an out of stater trying to be a local. Like everyone else that moves here. If he was born here his dad would have set him straight. He may be from the Frisco area though. He'd fit right in there.
  9. D

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

When they first came out with this upflow thing. I suggested using a skimmer with a screen inside it. I don't think anyone tried it. They are using HOB filters and they are working quite well. So just wait and see. Do a search for HOB scrubber. They may pop up for you. If what you're doing...
  10. D

First salty tank

We all thought you already had that in. Before doing so. Get those Damsels out as stated by a previous poster.
  11. D

Urgent!

I think we're good. Hopefully I can stop thinking tomorrow and be sure.
  12. D

Urgent care for clown

All seems to be fine. Guess we'll see in the morning. Or not.
  13. D

Urgent care for clown

Only way I thin I could get your attention. Anyway. I was feeding my fish some frozen cubes. And in one of them was a fairly large bone looking thing. My Female clown took it in and spit it out. Before I could get it out, she ate it gain. I netted her thinking I could use tweezers to pull it out...
  14. D

Urgent!

Only way I thin I could get your attention. Anyway. I was feeding my fish some frozen cubes. And in one of them was a fairly large bone looking thing. My Female clown took it in and spit it out. Before I could get it out, she ate it gain. I netted her thinking I could use tweezers to pull it out...
  15. D

Billions of flatworms

I have had a flatworm population pop up in may tank as well. Well actually the sump is the only place I see them. I did read they eat pods, but it seems my pod population is booming quicker than they are. I felt an urgency when I first read about them and even did a search for Flatworm exit. But...
  16. D

I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

Where's that "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES" guy at?
  17. D

Boredom in the hobby

I've had aquariums since the second grade. That was forty one grades ago. Striving on having that pristine reef tank with crystal white sand and huge coral growth is an admirable thing. But it sounds like it's not you. Or it could be a short burst then you drop off. That's not a bad thing. I...
  18. D

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin That would be a piece of interesting art on the wall. Live art.
  19. D

LiveAquaria help?!

That is funny. How close to the border are you? Possibly have it dropped at Fed Ex/USPS/UPS facility and you drive down to pick it up.