Search results

1. Floyd R Turbo

Tank turned 49 this year

I know that once the creative juices start flowing on something, it's really hard to just shut them off and get some sleep...
  2. Floyd R Turbo

Tank turned 49 this year

lol no I'm not here, you're imagining it Paul!!
  3. Floyd R Turbo

Tank turned 49 this year

That's crazy! Need a close-up!
  4. Floyd R Turbo

Tank turned 49 this year

I didn't know they were that short lived...explains a recent loss possibly
  5. Floyd R Turbo

Tank turned 49 this year

ugh...70V is not good!!
  6. Floyd R Turbo

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

You'll have to forgive the sarcasm of my last post. My point was that I, as well as plenty of others, have suggested and/or made plenty of what I consider improvements to the basic design of the waterfall algae scrubber since it was originally introduced. So to say that it has remained...
  7. Floyd R Turbo

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

That's right, no one has done anything in any way to make improvements. Nobody.
  8. Floyd R Turbo

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

You would need a sump and either feed the scrubber directly from the overflow (ok, as long as you have overflow protection in place) or have a dedicated scrubber feed pump, or tap off the return pump. I wouldn't put one under the tank without a sump personally. I'm not even sure that you could...
  9. Floyd R Turbo

Experimental algae scrubber

:thumbup: except those don't work over s wrapped pipe :wah:
  10. Floyd R Turbo

Someone did this several years ago actually, drill holes in a pipe instead of a slot, works OK. Algae grows heavy where the canvas comes together and diverts the flow sideways, but draping black plastic over that part eliminates that issue.
  11. Floyd R Turbo

Paul's been running an algae scrubber probably since before I was born. Well maybe not that long. But long. This is just a different method he's trying
  12. Floyd R Turbo

Stop teasing. I envision you taking a picture and then uploading it :roflmao:
  13. Floyd R Turbo

pics!
  14. Floyd R Turbo

Algae Scrubber

I have run 2 tanks for several years with only a scrubber. I would say that it can be done but that strongly depends on the the system - mainly, related to corals you will be keeping IMO. FO of FOWLR, my opinion is you can go scrubber only. Skimmer + scrubber is a good combo. One thing to...
  15. Floyd R Turbo

That's so weird, just today I was having a conversation with someone about different material for screen, and fabric was brought up. I think cotton would deteriorate eventually but some other kind of fabric might work.
  16. Floyd R Turbo

ATTN: Tapatalk Users

Working for me, thanks for the heads up on re-adding it
  17. Floyd R Turbo

WELCOME to the NEW Reef Sanctuary!

I guess the limit is more than 1.7M
  18. Floyd R Turbo

There is a setting for allowable file sizes. 325k 1.7M
  19. Floyd R Turbo

Another sweet VB to Xenforo transition. Nice!!! I hate VB.
  20. Floyd R Turbo

This is not always true for all scrubbers. LED scrubbers in particular, if the fixture produces strong enough light. I know people who run 6 hours/day on 18 off. I don't run any of my personal scrubbers more than 12 hours/day.