Search results

1. Oakhouse

Merry Christmas to the RSM club

Thought I'd get in early... :olsmile: Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all in the RSM Club.. Wishing you all the best for the festive period, and the coming year. Richard.
  2. Oakhouse

Growth.

I'm having one of those feelings at the moment.. I keep seeing all these beautiful tanks on here... and thinking, why do I have an issue to get anything to grow! With the exception of GSP and hammerhead (both of which are growing very slowly)....What am I doing wrong? :columbo:
  3. Oakhouse

Torch Coral Exploding/Disintegrating Help

Hi all, Had a torch in the tank for a number of months, came home tonight to find all the heads half out except for two, one exploded as I was watching and all I can see now of the head is the skeleton and a white (I think) inverted stomach! The closest head to it is in the process of...
  4. Oakhouse

Urchin vs Hermit

Ok has anyone heard of a hermit being eaten by an Urchin?? I know it sounds strange, "Urchy" was ontop of it this morning, and when I got home tonight, clean shell, and hermit with no claws, or by the look of it legs! Hermit must still have been a bit soft as it only molted two days ago. Not...
  5. Oakhouse

Is this Ich

Does this look lick Ich?? Just looking for a opinion from people that have seen it before...
  6. Oakhouse

At least we will never have this problem..

Well at least not the scale! LOL Shark aquarium in Dubai Mall starts leaking - Odd News | newslite.tv
  7. Oakhouse

I little help with postage US to UK

Would anyone in the US consider helping me out with a MarineDeport order? Looking to get hold of 2 of these: U-Tube with Directional Return When I go through postage they want to charge me $88 for $12 worth of goods!
  8. Oakhouse

Closed Loop system in RSM

Has anyone done this?? Melevsreef.com - Closed Loop Been thinking it would be cheaper than a vortech, or similar setup. Could probably set it up for less than around £80, means more to spend on corals...
  9. Oakhouse

Chillers

Hi Guys, Does anyone have experience of Teco Chillers? looking into a TC series one, contains a heating element and a UV element as well as a normal chiller function. TMC: Aquarium Products - Teco Heaters/Chillers What make/model would you guys go for?
  10. Oakhouse

Dreaming.....

Hi all, been a while since I posted... work work work makes Richard a dull boy.. lol Been doing a little research on the web, just dreaming of a bigger tank and came across this...... thought you all might like this! YouTube - Stuart's marine tank.mpg Worked out its just shy of 960 US...
  11. Oakhouse

Tank move begins.....

OK so time for reality, tank move has got to happen this weekend.... I've got this :sinking: feeling! lol So just done a 25%-ish water change (50 litres) as its going to be atleast 10 days before the next change. Put it of from Monday evening, here's my thinking/planing for the tank move: 1...
  12. Oakhouse

Moving the tank

Hey Guys and Girls... need some advice. We need to move the tank, it's currently sitting in a room with some water damaged walls. We managed to get the insurance to cover the cost of repair, however it is going to take about a week for all the work to be done, stripping off plaster from the...
  13. Oakhouse

Help!

HELP!! Come home from Christmas day meal with family, and found my Coral Beauty breathing very quickly and on its side, as soon as I get in to try and catch it it moves off, looking like all is ok, 2 minutes later on its side... Any ideas.. This would be my first serious failure...
  14. Oakhouse

Who says Reefs are slow growing!!!

Went to work this morning tank was reasonably clean on the substrate, come home 4 hours later and this is what I see!!!! Is this Cyano? What do I do?? Starting to panic! been thinking for a while that I need to up the CUC any thoughts? Note that there are rocks at the base of the Gorg, covered...
  15. Oakhouse

Divorce, Disease or Happy Families?

Hi All, Have noticed a change in my pair of Blue Cheeked Gobies (Valenciennea Strigata). Have had them in the tank for around 2 or 3 months. Up until a few days ago both were brightly coloured, and forever together, never separating. The both burrowed all over the place, and seemed to...
  16. Oakhouse

Water Changes

I promised in a post earlier in the week I would post up some pics of my water change method, but a) couldn't remember who it was that asked, and b) thought it might be worthy of a thread to see how others achieve this. I picked up a nano tank off ebay. I use this to always keep about 50 litres...
  17. Oakhouse

Clownfish!

Are they really that bad?? :sinking: "Clownfish will get me!" T-Shirt Design by Jen Millard [2020927-2] - RedBubble hahahaha!
  18. Oakhouse

Unknown Growth for ID.

Hi All, Any ideas on this? its growing at the top of the tank...
  19. Oakhouse

Aiptasia and Peppermint Shrimps

Aiptasia (sorry I know I'm not to swear...:ignore: ).. but wanted to ask a few questions: 1. How many (if any) peppermint shrimps people keep in their tanks (130 or 250). 2. Has anyone has ever seen them eat Aiptasia? 3. Is there anything else "reef-safe" that eats Aiptasia? We had a...
  20. Oakhouse

Another Crab ID

Anyone know this one? Its still small so been difficult to get a good pic at the moment It has white & black striped legs.... It is sitting in the hole in the pic