Search results

1. M

Dave's RSM 500 Adventure

No, RO water shouldn't be used. You need proper calibration fluid. Your SG will end up being something like .002 out. That's something I learnt here a few years back. Better still, buy yourself something like the Pinpoint Salinity Monitor ;)
  2. M

Deltec mc500 and Red Sea 250... here we go!

Good move pocketreef! There is a screw on the partition to the left of the skimmer cup - tightening that should stop any vibration (it does the job of the toothpick). I now use the skimmer's weir to fine tune (wet/dry skimmate) instead of adjusting water level in back chambers or changing the...
  3. M

Red Sea Max 500

Nice reply steveh. I can't wait until the S-Series is released and we can get some reviews from those sophisticated Europeans. :thumber:
  4. M

Red Sea Max 500

:grind:
  5. M

Red Sea Max 500

I didn't expect Red Sea to answer my question. RedSea buy in very cheap equipment, as in the Max 250, and they try to sell it at top price. Prospective buyers should be more concerned about QUALITY of the components, not how it looks. I expect most of it is Made in China.
  6. M

Red Sea Max 500

Lets check the spec. For me to compare I need to know: Who makes the pumps? Who makes the lighting unit? Where is the Opti Glass Aquarium made?
  7. M

Deltec mc500 and Red Sea 250... here we go!

Hi guys. Hey Aussie, I'm not sure of your question, where are you getting massive amounts of water? In the skimmer cup? My water level in the DT is just below the trim, never touching the plastic supports. Once you have got the water level in the DT at the right spot then you can control the...
  8. M

Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

That's great christine, the deltec is set-and-forget once it's broken in and you've got your water levels right. There's a couple of other features that I like: - You don't have to turn the skimmer off when removing/cleaning the cup. - You can clean the prefilter without removing the...
  9. M

I ended up just leaving the skimmer's weir plate in (makes no difference if it's just left in and not touched) and Yes, I control the water level the way we normally would using the surface skimmer/gate. I started with 4 notches down (until you suss it out). Right now mine is at 2 but...
  10. M

Well once you have it working for a few weeks/months and suss it out, it's easy enough to fit it to the powercenter (follow the cable): :)
  11. M

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/52110-deltec-mc500-red-sea-250-here-we-go-4.html#post772025 I now have the power cable going around the small pump chamber and into the powercenter, so no need to cut anything except the little bracket. Try the tap at 1oclock...
  12. M

Dweezil's RSM 130D

It does lol, and to think i stress over using a bit epoxy.
  13. M

Kyle's RSM 250

Hey Kyle. Have you been considering biopellets? You don't need a sump for that just a reactor, pump and the pellets. Not many 250 owners are using them. Your skimmer would need to be up to the job though. What do you think?
  14. M

Great move christine, it's a beautiful piece of kit. You'll love it. I love mine :D
  15. M

gareefermans reef

Cheers reggie. It's good that you've been able to keep your shelf. That looks like the course ARM you've got in there (or a mix). My reactor vibrates (fluidized) so I need to find a good anti-vibration mat. Have you considered some LEDs for better night viewing or sunrise/sunset or lunar...
  16. M

"Tom's RSM 250"

Excellent Tom, now i'm wishing I had some aiptasia to kill :) That is a great gadget. You're a good aimer.
  17. M

Lethals RSM 250

Hey Leigh, thanks for the pics. It's good to see a real-life tank :) I think I'd want to reduce my nutrients, as well as the raising the mag levels. Maybe your nitrates are high?
  18. M

gareefermans reef

hey reggie, any pics of your cabinet, both doors open? Show me what you're hiding in there. :D
  19. M

Mp10 in RSM250

Glenn, I'm sure you would be so much happier with the mp40. I've got both. The mp40's flow is much wider than the mp10s. You can move things on the sandbed with the mp40's undertow, the mp10 struggles (especially if it is fighting against a stock pump). If you are going to stock sps and fish...
  20. M

"Tom's RSM 250"

I'd love a little house on a island like that :) Tom, have you got that link of your tank video.. you posted a few weeks back [EDIT - Found it on photobucket]