Search results

1. N

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Hiya mucker ! Just reading your thread. So, the S650 looks as though it's reaching the end? I'm getting the itch to get another tank. I'm now firmly settled back in the UK. Due to financial commitments etc I'm looking at the new Max Nano G2XL. I have a perfect spot for it in the kitchen/diner...
  2. N

You cannot complain about cleaning the Skimmer. As I have no tank I don't have one to clean, and believe you me you'd rather clean it than not have one ! and no, I'm not coming round your place to do it for you :)
  3. N

These test kits can be a bit hit & miss. I found the Calc & Mag tests always read low when I compared them to the ICP Triton test.I Your readings are strange though.
  4. N

Nobby's S-650

I did take a picture of the tank last night, but it'll be too painful to put it on here. I'm really devastated as to what has happened. Look on the bright side. I will be able to take a day trip and pop up to see The Beast in the Summer :celebrate: I shall be moving to South Wales, just across...
  5. N

Nobby's S-650

I have just the one day respite. Tomorrow the tank will be switched off, the fish sold, and the cheaper corals will have to be binned. To catch the fish means removing all the rock as well as most of the water too. I am running out of time to sell everything so the fish have gone pretty cheaply...
  6. N

Nobby's S-650

Tomorrow it looks like all the fish and the last of the corals will be gone. I then need to clean and empty the tank. I do have somebody interested in just the tank and equipment.
  7. N

Nobby's S-650

Oh the pain. I've started selling off bits from the tank. My Australian Gold Torch and beautiful Elegance went for 650 euro. Far below the real value, but it's what I have to do. I was almost in tears. The whole tank, including fish, rocks, equipment etc is on sale for 1,500 euro. I only have a...
  8. N

Nobby's S-650

Unfortunately the time has come to sell my system. I am moving back to the UK (South Wales) in a few months time. To move the whole system, fish and corals would be a massive effort, and I don't really want to do that. So, I will sell it and hopefully when I have settled into my new place I will...
  9. N

What is this black magic you are talking about? I refuse to be lured to spend my hard earned shekels on more useless equipment.
  10. N

Did I read something earlier about you building a castle? Is that Lego or Playmobil?
  11. N

Can't remember. It would have been to clean the Sump but I haven't even done that for at least two years, possibly three. I am firmly in the camp that believes water changes are totally unnecessary as long as you have a good dosing regime.
  12. N

I would like to get a roller but it's now pretty certain that I will return to the UK within the next eighteen months, so I will not transport the existing system, as that will be a real headache. It'll be better to sale it here and then start a new one. With that in mind I don't want to be...
  13. N

Are you still doing water changes, you dinosaur?
  14. N

As another example of using my experience I noticed recently that my Nitrates were climbing. They went up to 50. In the past I would have been frantically reading the forums to find some magic potions etc to bring them down. Now, I find the answers to these minor problems quite easily. The bags...
  15. N

After running these tanks for a few years it's amazing how much you can understand what is going on by just looking! I very rarely test the water. I do it now and again if I'm bored and got some spare time. I still don't do water changes-....and the corals are growing like mad.
  16. N

Yep. It's funny when you enter this hobby. We read everything we can. We buy all sorts of equipment, but in the end, experience wins. I too have dumped the uVC. I only have a bag of carbon, skimmer, filter floss and the reactor for Rowophos. I've gone back to KISS, Keep It Simp!e Stupid
  17. N

How is the Beast coming along. C'mon, we want pictures !
  18. N

Nobby's S-650

It was good to get back underwater again. God how I've missed it. Mini Me MKII also completed his Open Water Corse which was not bad as he's only 11. So, it's back to the tank and I have a job to do. I need to prune a lot of the corals. Some of the growth has been staggering and now it's...