Search results

1. Cloudburst2000

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

I chipped the tank because I knocked the crap out of it with a rock. I already checked with several people and they said the Wennerae will be fine since it is a small mantis species.
  2. Cloudburst2000

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

Well, my little Edge is in for an overhaul. I finally got my Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock a few weeks back for my larger tank. I actually ended up with more rock then I wanted so I stuck a couple rocks in my quarantine so they wouldn't die. I liked the rocks better then then the ones I had...
  3. Cloudburst2000

Trojan man!!!! lol virus from RS?

Yeah, I had a warning pop up on my computer at work last night and just now on my home computer. I've listed the files my home virus protection identified. Couldn't access the ones on the work computer though. Only IT has access to their virus protection. Anyhoo, these are the two my home...
  4. Cloudburst2000

Vertex Illumina LED vs AquaIllumination LED

Well, this is a moot point now as the controllable Vertex lights are now available in the US market. So it's gonna be Vertex all the way! They are just so much more aesthetically pleasing then the brick-like AI Sol units. Glad I hadn't bought the Vertex light yet because I saved myself all...
  5. Cloudburst2000

Cleanup Crew Online Ordering

Our local reef club always does group orders through John. We get a group club discount plus free shipping on everything if you order enough livestock....which we always do. So if you have a local reef club, check to see about the possibility of doing a group order.
  6. Cloudburst2000

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

That is a nice-looking stand. Not sure where he got it though. Looks similar to furniture from West Elm or Ikea. You might check their websites. But for all I know, he got it from Target :) Still got my Edge running strong. I might be changing the livestock soon though. I plan on getting...
  7. Cloudburst2000

Lots of newly found "things" in tank Killed off trumpet coral :(

Yes, you can squirt lemon juice (just a tad) onto aptasia. I think people were confused by your wording. You said it like you were just dosing the tank with lemon juice which is what people found confusing. You can also try Aptasia-X or Joe's Juice if you are worried about using lemon juice...
  8. Cloudburst2000

Red slug looking thing

Yep, definitely flatworms. I had the same little nerds in my aquarium. Don't listen to people telling you to not do anything and maybe they will go away. These guys can increase to huge numbers in a relatively short period of time. I used a six-line wrasse to 'get rid' of my problem. I...
  9. Cloudburst2000

Reef Central Ban

you guys are too funny! I've never been banned from Reef Central though I did get talked down to by a mod once for not giving one of their 'sponsors' a good review. And I have noticed that negative reviews of the sponsors seem to disappear over there. Give a non-sponsor a negative reveiw all...
  10. Cloudburst2000

My story! (Help me become a PRO!)

Welcome :wave: And I agree that HOB filters are just nitrate factories. I would ditch them. You have two options. Either get a HOB overflow and put a sump/refugium under the tank. You could hide all equipment down there (skimmer, heater, etc) which is a plus. A sump will also increase your...
  11. Cloudburst2000

Please help, I have a white female & a brown Male....Mane colour changing to brown ??

Re: Please help, I have a white female & a brown Male....Mane colour changing to brow Welcome :wave: And yeah, I would post your question in the Seahorse/Pipefish section. Your likely to get better feedback there.
  12. Cloudburst2000

My tank of 64 gallons

Welcome :wave:
  13. Cloudburst2000

New to this forum

14. Cloudburst2000

New to RS!

15. Cloudburst2000

My fresh start

16. Cloudburst2000

Stocking 55 gallon

You don't need a big tank for as six-line. I should think 30+ gallons is fine. I had one in my 30gallon to combat a flatworm problem and it did fine. It will eat your snails though so be aware of that. I always had more than enough snails so it wasn't a problem. John at ReefCleaners.org |...
  17. Cloudburst2000

Stocking 55 gallon

And for sump designs, I would hit up the DIY section of this forum. The aquarium I am buying comes with the stand, sump, plumbing, and skimmer so I don't have to worry about designing it myself. I'm not technically inclined that way anyway :lol:
  18. Cloudburst2000

Stocking 55 gallon

You don't have to start with live anything. All live rock/sand really is is rock/sand that has the good bacteria built up on it. This is what happens when you cycle your tank. It takes longer to cycle the tank though if you start with all dry sand/rock. Many people use a combination of both...
  19. Cloudburst2000

New To this Forum

Welcome, Worf :wave: I'm assuming from your handle that you are a Star Trek: TNG fan?
  20. Cloudburst2000

New to forum

nice looking tank