Search results

1. I

RSM s650 T5 Lighting-Anyone using or used them?

Is the RSM s650 light really made by ATI?
  2. I

I still cant believe there is no feedback from anyone using the Red Sea Max S series T5's. I just want to know is the RSM original T5 fixture that came with the s650's is any good? I mean they are made in Germany, are they good or should I get an ATI fixture.....I will be using ATI new bulbs...
  3. I

Hi, Thanks for the replies. Does anyone think that they came out with LEDs to keep with where reefkeeping was going 3 years ago, everyone switching from MH/T5 to LED? 1, because that’s where the market was moving and 2, to reduce energy costs and appear more efficient? I’m noticing people are...
  4. I

Hi everyone, Firstly im back after a couple of years away, and jumped from a d130 to an s650. Just wanted to get some opinions about lighting, as I am at a junction! I have a Red Sea Max s650, I don’t do expert level corals or anything, beginner to novice hardy stuff is what I am interested...
  5. I

Urgent-moving An Established Rsm 130d Today Any Tips????

yeh its better looking now, that was a week ago. Thanks for the nice comment reefmack
  6. I

My RSM some pics

Ive had a few people asking so here you go! Just got it last week, been running 6 months!
  7. I

RSM European owners : would you trade frags ?

You forgot to put Ireland in there lol :)
  8. I

Difficulty Of Setting Up A Sump/refugium

Yep, got that thanks, My question is about the actual "switching on" of the refugium pumps, I have everything ready to go but I just dont want to have a disaster with too much water coming in or out into the tank either way would be a nightmare, I just want to know about water levels or how...
  9. I

Difficulty Of Setting Up A Sump/refugium

Hi, Relatively new to marine keeping, ive just about 2 yrs experience. I bought an established RSM 130D. The guy that owned it had a refugium set up underneath and as such when I bought the system I bought the refugium also, for the past week I didnt bother with it as the guy said its a...
  10. I

Replacing the RSM 130D skimmer with Tunze 9002 nano? Good?

Right. When I have it held and magnet mounted via the inside of the electrical housing area the 9002 nano is over to the right, but now there is no mechanical filtration, im wondering is this something to worry about as I know some people wont even run a mechanical filter sponge as they believe...
  11. I

Rsm 130d Moonlights Not Working

Hi, The 4 blue moonlight LEDs are not working in my tank. I just bought it from someone who only had it 6 months. Is this a common thing? Easy fix? Any solutions?
  12. I

how to put the Tunze 9002 in place in a 130d ?

How did the old way of just putting the tunze back there work for you StevieT?? compared to say having the media rack now?
  13. I

Hey steve, you have the skimmer mounted on the left hand side of the rear rather than the right side, my question is, it looks like you inverted the black plastic mechanical filter so instead of lying horizontal it is now lying vertical??? am i right? Also, what is to the right of the...
  14. I

proenca you have PM. I have a tunze 9002nano also, im looking also to replace the RSM 130D skimmer with the Tunze skimmer. The Tunze has the attached epoxy magnet, and also an additional one for outside the tank, does this mean I only need to order the rack? Im sorry im new to having a...
  15. I

Hey no problem, I mean im still glad u recommended it, it was only lik $20 or something! Seriously, I appreciated your advice.... its just part of the hobby to learn these things
  16. I

How about we try it with their fish? lol I know for a fact I would never try that! anyways thats my feedback sorry it didnt conform to the belief, kinda disappointing!
  17. I

It must be! Im sure it introduces bacteria but to what effect? I believe it may kick start a new tank, but make little difference to an established tank! I dont know but ive tested it before and after and no change happened so all im saying is take what you want from that!
  18. I

Replacing the RSM 130D skimmer with Tunze 9002 nano? Good?

Hi, I have both the stock RSM 130D skimmer in place at the back of the tank, when I bought the system the previous owner had a refugium with the Tunze 9002 nano skimmer in place! I dont know how to hook up the refugium, he said it was a major hassle to calibrate the levels and did not...
  19. I

Lab results after a 10% water change and then biospira added NO CHANGE! As a research biochemist I can say this product does nothing for an established aquarium, as for starting up an aquarium maybe it does!