Search results

1. Bigjacko

Crab ID please

That's a porcelain crab. Not a crab as such but a squat lobster. It only has 6 legs. It's a harmless filter feeder.
  2. Bigjacko

3 inch crab id please

I had a few of these. They rearranged the tank every night.
  3. Bigjacko

Well that wasn't long

Nah..:makefun: I should have picked up the tank in 24hrs time:jumprope:
  4. Bigjacko

Well that wasn't long

Oh....it will end up my tank to take care of:smack: Not that I mind.....now what stock can I fit in:woohoo:
  5. Bigjacko

Well that wasn't long

I have only just sold my RSM 250 and guess what....I'm picking up an RSM 130 in silver for my daughter on Wednesday. I bought 2 percs and she was hooked. She wanted her own reef tank and a secondhand 130 has come up at a price I would be stupid not to take for her. So....a new build...
  6. Bigjacko

Red Sea Max 500

I'm going to stab a guess at 'Sumped'
  7. Bigjacko

New tank update. Not an RSM.

It took about a month to sell. I did have loads of spares which helped to sell it on quicker.
  8. Bigjacko

Thanks guys. The move was stressfull.....to ME. Everything settled in straight away. The LR was stored in a bucket with a heater and powerhead for 4 days. All of the other stock was either in my mates tank or in a small 3 footer. 1 day to set up ( it must have been a 16hr day too) and...
  9. Bigjacko

Well I haven't been around much lately after selling my RSM 250. However as promised, I thought that I would let you guys see what I have done. I sold my RSM to buy a larger tank with a sump. I have now upgraded to an STM Eco 100. Twice the volume of the RSM and my fish are loving the...
  10. Bigjacko

Need some help with these :)

The top one is a hydroid. They typically die off in a tank but can reach plague proportions. Opps the second one
  11. Bigjacko

My RSM journey

Thanks guys and trust me, I will set up a link to the new tank. The RSM has been a fantastic tank to get back into reef keeping with. It has it's faults but they are all surmountable. I love the simple clean look of the tank.....but yearn more space:yup: I don't think the Wife has...
  12. Bigjacko

My RSM journey

Replacing it with a 4x2x2 with sump. almost doubling my water capacity. Going to run a mixture of HM and T5 along with the aquarays. The tank has been running since the end of July last year. I will miss it.
  13. Bigjacko

My RSM journey

Well......it's a sad moment but.....after a convesation with my Wife about a bigger tank, my RSM 250 will be closed down and replaced next week. I have learned much through using the RSM and have enjoyed every minute ( except the hood flooding issue). I will still be around asking you guys...
  14. Bigjacko

Emerald crab shedding or dieing?

I add 1ml of iodide on a weekly basis. There are patches of bryopsis and hair algae through the tank. I don't think he's starving. He has been in there for months now. He was one of the first additions. All of the other crabs in the tank are still active and going about their business. I...
  15. Bigjacko

Emerald crab shedding or dieing?

I have just done a little bit of maintenace only to find my emerald upside down and struggling. He is almost white and appears very weak and lifeless. It isn't a molt as the crab is still moving....just. Now I'm wondering if it is on it's way out or if I have found it in the process of a...
  16. Bigjacko

Mixing Gobies

Guess who turned up today wondering why we were all excited watching him....yup the Watchman.:bouncer:
  17. Bigjacko

Nem in a 250

Simply to host my clowns. The smaller Tomato clown wants to go into my Hammer but keeps on pulling out. Kinda glad...I don't want them pulling the Hammer to bits.
  18. Bigjacko

Hydroids

I had a few when I first set up. They have all disappeared of their own accord.
  19. Bigjacko

Mixing Gobies

I recently added a Watchman goby to my tank, an RSM 250, which also contains a Randalls Pistol and Goby pair. The Watchman just did his thing for a week and the 2 never paid much attention to each other. However the Watchman has disappeared, he may be under my LR but I haven't seen him for...
  20. Bigjacko

Nem in a 250

Who keeps a nem in their 250? I have been thinking og a BTA for my clowns. are they worth the risk?