Search results

1. A

Beautiful sun corals cbrownfish- How about some feeding tips!

Will try to be more consistent with feed time......also will direct food around them using a cut-off plastic bottle & see if they open up more so that I can give them a meatier meal!
  2. A

Soooo....what are you guys using for cameras?

WOW!!!!..........Just Amazing!!...........I wanna be like you guys when I grow up!!!!!!!!!! lol
  3. A

Red carpet........But not for VIP's

Got a Koralia 750 today & added it to the mix! Kranked up the flow a notch!! (And a toadstool frag & another peppermint shrimp!) And if my husband asks.....it was all 50% off & no tax.....I had to buy them! Hope the little toadstool frag will settle in ok!! Tips greatfully accepted!!....
  4. A

Hopeful for a new supplier!

Well that was an experience........had a wonderful time!!! 6 ft. deep pond in the front yard was a good sign.......& then ..his garage!!!! OMG!!!!! As I walked in there was a 6 ft. 12" deep, 4 ft. wide frag tank such as I've never seen before........I almost lost it!!!!!! A floor level...
  5. A

sambrinar's 75 gals office sanity

Going to watch in anticipation!!!...Jeez, I feel like a stalker!!?? Keep us all posted on your progress!! "Office Sanity"!!.....good one!!
  6. A

Beautiful sun corals cbrownfish- How about some feeding tips!

I have a sun coral also. It is retracted during the day but appears to feed on the phyto & zoo during a morning feed. Do you feed them after lights out? Do you spot feed them with a meaty food? I'm very interested to hear your regime for them. Good luck in the photo contest! All...
  7. A

August 2010 POTM Contest!

Loved your blog!......you're off to a great start!!
  8. A

August 2010 POTM Contest!

My thoughts exactly...:tears:
  9. A

You guys are awesome.......any question at all.......your there! Those pics were absolutely marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!Apparently you are all nearly as passionate about your cameras as you are about your tanks!!!!!!! I guess maybe one thing leads to another........& your appreciation for beauty...
  10. A

Hopeful for a new supplier!

Going to visit a reccommended shop in a fellows home........only open on Saturdays.......can hardly wait!!!! But I know your sitting there thinking...."Be careful"......& I will.......apparently this guy has been in the hobby for a long period of time so I have high hopes!!!!!:tongue:
  11. A

Oh, & flow is next on the list for upgrade!!! Thanks again!
  12. A

Certainly all food for thought......& truly thanks for the input people!! What I can see at present is a slowed return of the cyano after doing a larger volume water change & I added in 1 brighter light to the T5 unit. Also note that the lower areas of the glass are remaining clearer...
  13. A

Thanks everyone.......very enlightening!!:wave:
  14. A

looks like a ghost shrimp?!?

Probably a copepod........exactly what you want!!! They very much resemble shrimp!!
  15. A

Maybe there are some techniques I could use with the camera I have......
  16. A

Been on this site half the day!!!.........Guess I'd better sign up for one of the support groups!!! Just a question though.........My pics I'm getting are "doggy dew" with my little digital..........What are you people using?....:coffee2:
  17. A

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

oh, Oh!!!!.... I'm definitely showing symptoms!!!!!!:lookaroun
  18. A

Water change done yesterday was approx. 30% as low on buckets so will do another tomorrow. Adjusted flow slightly again but now making much more specific changes in that area 'cause "targeting the flow" for circulation & to approach 'shrooms, etc. from a specific direction;... at least until I...
  19. A

Lowering specific gravity

You know, I find salinity a little better measurement to follow than SG...I find the scale just a bit more specific or at least easier to read on my manometer.....& yes, my tank generally does better around 35 than it has at other readings!! Suggest you keep it up where it is...just sayin'!
  20. A

Thanks again, good plan I think!!! I'm doing a water change today......will crank it up a few notches!!! Next time I'm in town (Halifax), I'm going to pick up a heavier power head & do a little revamp on the rock structure. Will also add 1 power glo bulb into the lighting. Will hopefully...