Search results

1. GreatWhiteShark

Feeding Anemone Bloodworms??

I have an anemone that has been found on my newly imported live rock.I have some frozen blood worms in the freezer. Is it ok to feed him a bloodworm from time to time?
  2. GreatWhiteShark

Skimmer Stopped Skimming

I've been running my new Aqua C Remora for a couple months now. At first I would have to empty the collection cup every few days and then it was every week. Then shortly after slowly but surely it stopped foaming up into the collection cup. I've cleaned the foam tower and the collection cup like...
  3. GreatWhiteShark

Lighting Question

Ahh... Today is a great day my reef keeping friends. I have just received my lighting system!! I decided to go with the Nova Extreme Pro 6x54 watts of power. 3 actinic blue and 3 10,000K bulbs. I have set it up over my 55 gallon and I cannot believe how bright it is compared to my old single...
  4. GreatWhiteShark

Lighting system for my reef tank

Well, looks like I'm finally ready to purchase a lighting system for my 55 gallon reef tank. This is what I have been looking at.... Product Description The Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 aquarium lighting fixture is for reef aquariums. With six 54 watt T5 bulbs (which have greater output...
  5. GreatWhiteShark

Red Sea Prizm Protein Skimmer

Are they any good? I saw one at Petco for $139.99.....
  6. GreatWhiteShark

55 Gallon Reef and Fish Setup Help

I have currently converted my 55 gallon freshwater aquarium to saltwater. I have been fish keeping for years but have never attempted a reef tank. I have been researching everything I can about this hobby and have learned quite a bit, but I realize that I have much, much, more to learn which is...
  7. GreatWhiteShark

New to Reef Santuary!!

Well, just got rid of my freshwater tank. (was keeping various species of cichlids) Now starting a 55 gallon fish and reef tank. Hope to get some advice here since I am new to reef keeping...