Search results

1. T

Anemone

Thanks for the response but I can not use joes juice on them since they zap into the sand bed when they sense anything near them. None live on any live rock only in the sand bed. They look like an ugly rock anemone or an ugly paly. They have short tentacles, just one row around the perimeter...
  2. T

Anemone

I have these ugly brown ones that are on the sand bed. They are simple looking like an ugly rock anemone but smaller less than 1/2" diameter. When you try and remove then with tweezers they zip into the sand bed. They also seem to be able to move because if I place a rock over where they were it...
  3. T

Help, large green montipora looking really bad

When my monti caps fade a bit it is usally something is not right with the water. If you do not have nudibranchs and your lights are not really that old I would check the smaller water stats. 80 is a little high not terribly high. I live in Florida and have to use a chiller 24/7. Mine is set at...
  4. T

All your numbers seem fine. Has your water current changed or have you seen any parasites like monti nudibranches
  5. T

Did you check magnesium. Not sure if that is the issue but mine always seems brighter when I raise my level.
  6. T

Torch coral and tentacle length

Other than to tentacles wrapping around each other none. But if it is a problem with the culture I would want to correct. That is why I mentioned the comparison with mine and the one at LFS with normal length tentacles. All dragged from same colony.
  7. T

There is nothing around it. So it is not killing anything. The closest thing is a acro but that is on a rock outcrop on the top half of tank. I also have a dragons bane bubble which does send out sweepers. I just did a google on this problem and read that if they have lower light they will...
  8. T

The coral is not in a high flow area. The tentacles are straight up and they wave with the current. The LFS has their's in a much higher flow area to the point the tentacles are at a 45 degree angle. Mine waves to and fro at twist around themselves at times the ends seem to be bulbous like a...
  9. T

I have a torch coral that is getting out of hand. It is a green and when I bought it it had tentacles of about 3-4" now they are at least twice that length. They keep get wrapped around items because of water flow and they twist around themselves because of length and movement of water. I...
  10. T

Christmas wrasse female to male

A friend is taking down his tank and offered me his fish. The only one that interested me was his Christmas wrasse. I think it is a female since it has the eye spot on the dorsal fin. But I have read they can change their sex. It is less than 6 months old and maybe 3" and looks like the pictures...
  11. T

Concerning wavemakers

I have tried aiming the tunze at glass and still too much current. My lps do not like the flow even when hitting the glass on the opposite side of tank and rolling down the side. I was hoping that a pulse wave would act differently than the line of fire or the ricochet effect. Has anyone had...
  12. T

Concerning wavemakers

I have a 120 and I want to put in either a vortech or tunze wavemakers. My question is in my tank, which is 4'x2'x2' I would need 2 vortech mp 40 or 2 tunze on a controller but I have a tunze 6060 which shoots 1600 gph and that is too much. I can not use it blows everything at the first few feet...
  13. T

Denitrifier

I have the exact denitrater, if you are speaking of the sulfer type. I believe I have the smaller of the models. You can use any sulfur and coral media you find in LFS or online. Not sure what other small parts you are missing. I know many people do not like then but i love mine. I tried the...
  14. T

Sunset montipora

Sorry I should have listed them first. Cal 410, alk 10.8, ph 8.2, mg 1200-1250, trates -5, trites/ amon 0, temp 76-78 via chiller. I also have Kali drip 24/7. I am hoping it is just the bulb but it is in the upper 1/3 of a 24" deep tank. I have not noticed anything else suffering even the clams...
  15. T

Sunset montipora

I have a nice piece of sunset montipora that the normally orange base color is turning brown. The polyps are still green and come out and it is next to a rainbow monti that does not seem to be loosing any color. It is under 14k 250de Phoenix and has been in the same spot for awhile. Is this...
  16. T

Wavemakers

I am trying to decide on which is better. The vortech mp40, expensive and I think at 120 gal tank I would need 2 because of the aquascaping. A tunze wave box although the actual height of the wave worries me. I have read it can be 2-3" is this true? Or a redsea mavemaster w/4 of the new...
  17. T

Spider sponge

For awhile I wanted one but was afraid of getting one online since you can not be sure it never touched air in packaging/transit. My LFS got several in so I bought one. It is about 8" long with loads of the zoo type polyps. When I bought it all polyps were open. In my tank few open in day but at...
  18. T

Seahorses mated should I be sad

Well that's good to hear I have grown fond of my horses. Has anyone had success raising the babies?
  19. T

Seahorses mated should I be sad

I have a pair that mated I really did not want that to happen but what can you do. I did not want then to mate since I do not know what to do with then once born. I have read the length of time could be a few weeks or longer depending on water my tank is at 74-76 degrees. But what I do not like...
  20. T

Kalk dosing

Well it all seems to be working out fine, until I started noticing what looks like flakes of white things running down the hose. The pieces are small looks like they maybe pieces of calcium. Another thing the drip tube is in the sump and every day it seems there is a what looks like a calcium...