Search results

1. sneaks03

Anyone Around Me

Just curious if there are any members on this forum from the Brunswick/Savannah, Ga. or Jacksonville, Fl. area?
  2. sneaks03

Ahh why not?

So in my recent move due to taking a new job I have not set my tank back up. So I decided that instead of setting it back up now was a good time to work on a larger and better tank. So I was curious as to where you guys shop for tanks and stands. And if I should use a canopy or skip that as a...
  3. sneaks03

Winter temp

So with winter coming up I know many of us will be dropping the overall temperature range in our houses. So that brings up the question, do you also drop the temperature range of your tank? Of course if you do this I hope you do it slow. Just thought it would be neat to find out what others...
  4. sneaks03

Lighting schedule

So I am looking to adjust my lighting schedule, because I would like the lights to be on more when I am at home. However, I would like to be able to feed the guys before I leave for work at 8am on feeding days. I get home around 6:30pm. How do you guys run your lights and any suggestions on a...
  5. sneaks03

Just curious

Is there any way to distinguish a male and female coral beauty angel, if so how? Also, is it possible to breed them in the tank? Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?
  6. sneaks03

Limpet???

So I found this on my my rock a while back and can't figure out what it is. I know it is mobile as I have watched it move ever so slowly and if I get around it with anything i can see it suck down on the rock. So is it a limpet or something else?
  7. sneaks03

Automatic Feeder

Anyone use them? Which ones do you use, and what are your opinions of them?
  8. sneaks03

QT without an established tank

A friend of mine just noticed that one of his fish has ich, bummer. Another bummer is that he does not have another tank setup for QT/Hospital, so what can be done to treat the fish or setup the QT quickly so he can treat all his fish?
  9. sneaks03

An offer I received with a catch

Some friends of mine offered me a 20-30g(I am not sure of the size) tank last night, but there could potentially be one problem with it. It was used to keep a bearded dragon. Would it be a bad idea for me to get the tank from them for free, clean it out, and re-seal it with silicon for use as a...
  10. sneaks03

Chiller questions

So last night my AC went out in my apartment and I was up every couple hours trying to keep the temp right in both my DT and QT. So then I thought that I may buy a chiller to help with that issue should it ever arise agian. However, I have no clue what to look for in chillers or where even to...
  11. sneaks03

Powder Brown or Yellow

So guys if you had to choose which one and why? Any advantages or disadvantages?
  12. sneaks03

Atleast it is not as disturbing as your parents!

So last night I could not sleep and I got outta bed to get something to drink. I turned on a lamp to check up on my tank to make sure everything was fine and see if I could spot any new night life from my LR. And to my surprise I found two nassarius snails foot to foot. After a couple seconds...
  13. sneaks03

Skunk cleaner or Peppermint shrimp

So I have been looking at getting a cleaner shrimp to add to my CUC for my 55g FOWLR tank. I have been looking at either the skunk cleaner or pepermint shrimp. What would be the advantage/disadvantages to either one? Also would I need one or two of the little guys?
  14. sneaks03

Chemi-pure

While I know this is technically a piece of equipment, I could not figure out where to make this post so here seemed as good as any. The other day a coworker of mine recommended Chemi-pure to me. Seeing as he has only been in the SW hobby for about a year I figured it is best to double check...
  15. sneaks03

My sad weekend

So this weekend started off rough. Among the loss of sleep I have been having lately(not sure why) I found that my royal gramma came down with ich. So I began setting up a QT only to wonder if he was too far gone. I began treating him with copper and did water changes every morning. Well after...
  16. sneaks03

UV sterilizer

I was informed that at some point in the very near future I will want to put a UV sterilizer on my system. However, I am only vaguely familiar with what these instruments are good for. Also, I would like opinions on whether or not I should actually consider getting one. I have a FOWLR system...
  17. sneaks03

Qt

So I have been told that it is a good idea to keep a QT around just incase. How do I go about setting one up? Does it need to cycle and all as well? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
  18. sneaks03

Flame Hawkfish

I bought a Flame Hawkfish last week and have noticed recently that he is not as bright red as he should be. I know when they bed down for the night these fish loose some of their coloration, but he seems to only get some of his color back during the day while the lights are on. Any thoughts or...
  19. sneaks03

CUC Reccomendations

I currently have a 55g tank with LR, no corals or nems yet. I am doing some planning as to what i want my CUC to consist of. I currently have 6 dwarf blue hermits, and 1 mexican turbo snail. Some feather dusters have managed to make their way into the tank as well on the LR. Any...
  20. sneaks03

Power Compact vs. T5

I currently have a 55g FOWLR tank with a wet/dry filter and a couple powerheads. So I am looking at investing in a light fixture and it seems I get different answers from everyone. Even the different employees at my LFS. An older, and i would like to think wiser, employee who is the owner says...