Search results

1. Dweezil

Thoughts, Prayers and Well Wishes needed for fellow reefer/friend

Please take a moment and read about a fellow RS Friend. I am posting a link to the original thread: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/70553-thoughts-prayers-well-wishes-needed-fellow-reefer-friend.html
  2. Dweezil

Thoughts, Prayers and Well Wishes needed for Fellow Reefer/Friend

Hello all, With his permission I am posting this link to a fellow reefer/friend. Many of you know him as mbdave. To jog some memories here is his tank thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/64877-new-tank-dave.html He and his family could sure use some extra thoughts...
  3. Dweezil

Attention Facebook Users

FYI Everyone's phone number is no longer private on Facebook !! Go to the top right of yourscreen, click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone numbers are now being published. You can fix this by doing the following: go to...
  4. Dweezil

Attention Facebook Users

Everyone's phone number is no longer private on Facebook !! Go to the top right of yourscreen, click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone numbers are now being published. You can fix this by doing the following: go to Account (on...
  5. Dweezil

Marine Species NOT for the Beginner

I found this very informative and for the most part agree with everything. Please take a moment and do your research :) Marine Species NOT For The Beginner - Article at The Age of Aquariums - Tropical Fish
  6. Dweezil

The Filter Guys

Just wanted to say I placed an order with them on Thursday and I have it in my hands today..Saturday! How great is that? I did not order much, just some frag stations but it was seamless. The communication was great from the beginning and was delivered exactly when they said it would be. Will...
  7. Dweezil

Where are my ID masters?

Hi There ~ I have what I can only describe as what looks like Rose thorns growing in various places in my tank mostly on the rock but some on the clams shell too. Here is a picture ..look for the red thorny thing under the Dendro ;) $10,000,000.00 for a positive ID. (Nope not really LOL)
  8. Dweezil

ID Needed

Okay, I need to quit looking...but I found this "thing" growing in one of the little coves in my rock. Any ideas? Close up
  9. Dweezil

RSM Club - off topic photos and discussions

This is what we woke up to this morning..mind you this is one night! Yes, my car is under there somewhere. My poor little dog went to go out the back this morning to do his thing and it was deeper than he is tall! haha
  10. Dweezil

Parameters for Change Water

Eddie ~ This is for you and the "experiments" hehe This is what I did... Thursday 1) Filled 5 gallon bucket with RO/DI 2) Put heater in and heated Friday 1) Rolled the giant bucket around really well 2) Added salt 3) Put pump in 4) Added salt Saturday Tested and here are the...
  11. Dweezil

Ugh Gross

Okay, so the last couple nights I have been getting out the flashlight and spying on the tank. I noticed what I though might have been a hair or something stuck to one of the rocks waving in the flow...then noticed a few more. What could these be? I asked myself. Then the hunt began for info. I...
  12. Dweezil

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi everyone ~ Just wanted to take a quick moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. As I reflect back on this past year and count my many blessings I will think of all of you as well. I have many wonderful things in my life to be thankful for and meeting all of you nice folks are one of...
  13. Dweezil

Bully BSJF

Hi all, My BSJF I think is somewhat of a bully. For some reason he does not seem to like my Hammer coral. It seems to be the only one but several times I've come home from work to find the Hammer dislodged from the sand and just laying flat. (It's a small Hammer frag) today I actually saw him...
  14. Dweezil

Anyone use the chat here?

I always notice the chat thing but haven't used it but I checked in tonight just to see and it seems nobody is there. Anyone here use it?
  15. Dweezil

Sandbed disturbia

Please bear with me on this question: I've been reading alot of the threads that say without a doubt that it is not a good thing to disturb an established sandbed. Even threads that say it may be the cause for total tank crashes. That got me wondering why then is it okay to have burrowing fish...
  16. Dweezil

My Setback

Well, I just picked up a TDS meter today (late I know) but when I ran the test on my tap water it was near the 344 range which was to be expected. However, when I tested the water out of my brand new (6 weeks old) RO/DI unit I got almost the same results! Something is terribly wrong and I'm not...
  17. Dweezil

Water Changes

Now for the question..When doing your water changes how do you get the new water into your tanks? What I did was mix a 5 gallon bucket with new water and just used a gallon jug to dip and pour the new water into the main tank. How does everyone else do it? Thanks
  18. Dweezil

ID Crab Please?

Very little maybe 1/2 inch
  19. Dweezil

RSM 130D Question

Okay so as I understand it...the charcoal goes in the left rear section of the tank as some of you refer to as the "chamber of death" ? Under the 2 pumps? I guess I can't quite wrap my mind around this...Does this mean then that you have to remove the pumps everytime you need to change out...
  20. Dweezil

Dweezil's RSM 130D

Okay here we go....baby steps. Please don't judge me on my rock work I'm just not good with that. :hammerhea Maybe I should have one of you come up to Ohio and help me! hahah Fedex Special Delivery After many long hrs and sore hands It actually does look better in person...I...