Search results

1. Kensn

Nano Reef

I really miss my tank.... I would like to start the endeavor of a Nano reef... Suggestions?
  2. Kensn

10k bulb experience

I am currently running XM 10k 250watt single end bulbs. I am in need of new bulbs and was wondering if anyone has any experience with other 10k bulbs. I know this is going to be tough, but if someone has experimented with different brands and could give me their feedback, that would be...
  3. Kensn

OT: Holiday Fun

Look what I can do... http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=903e95ba275e7d7a605df38G06122412
  4. Kensn

Canon Digital Rebel

I have the chance to purchase a Canon Digital Rebel for a really good price. This is not the XT version but the original rebel. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this camera....
  5. Kensn

Going to Chicago

Hotel is down by the aquarium....of course...Is there anyone who has a favorite restraunt, bar, club or place to see or go? I will be doing the Field Museum, Aquarium, Planetarium and the Museum of Science and Industry. Thanks, Ken
  6. Kensn

New pics....

7. Kensn

Ok Elmo ...you asked...

New shots of the tank as requested
  8. Kensn

New for me

Picked this nice rock up for $15 today from a fellow reefer. The coral has some nice purple tips (not really visible in my photo) and should color up nicely. The other encrusting coral on it at the bottom is just a brown guy...
  9. Kensn

Cleaner Shrimp Spawn

Just went downstairs, took the flashlight to the tank and saw little cleaner shrimp all over the place..... Cute little buggers... Tried to get some pics....
  10. Kensn

PH Probes

Can I have everybodys recommendations for a replacement PH probe, not the electronics, just the probe itself. Wondering about the price difference, and if the higher priced probes are worth the money. Accuracy and longevity are my main concerns.
  11. Kensn

1st Acrylic Project

Well I broke down and did my first acrylic project yesterday and today. I needed a light fixture for my fuge, and had some cast smoked acrylic that they were disposing of at work, so..... I made the relector out of polished stainless, bought 2 outdoor lamp holders and figured out the angles...
  12. Kensn

My newest addition

Well after wanting one for a long time, I was finally able to convince myself to get a Blue Hippo Tang. Just recieved him today, did a 4.5 hour acclimation since his water was lower in salinity than mine. I am really pleased with the condition of the fish when I opened the box. This is the first...
  13. Kensn

Tank pics

Took a couple pics of the tank today, haven't done it for a while. oops, better go upright mr. Clam
  14. Kensn

Evil Starfish

Well after defending them at times I am going to yank my 2 brittle stars. I have had a couple of newer fish disapear lately, witout a trace, and without any signs of not being happy and healthy. I realize the stars will consume anything dead, and are good scavangers, but I believe they have...
  15. Kensn

My new ones

Here are a few pics of some of my new items..
  16. Kensn

Heaters

I would like any input on heaters with remote controlers. I was looking at the Jalli brand, but find conflicting reports on them. I would really like to run 2 heaters off one controller. Any ideas out there?
  17. Kensn

Hello Reefers

:hallo: Well I guess I should of done this before posting, I hope I did not come across rude. :turntable My name is Ken, I have a 90 gallon mixed reef, MH lighting (250wt XM 10ks) with VHO atinics, a ER 6-2+ skimmer and a recently fired up KR2 calcium reactor. I have a small refugium with some...