Search results

1. B

Jebao wp40 review

As a previous MP40 owner, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Not only is it much cheaper than a Vortech MP40, it also performs better. The only thing the MP40 has over it, is being mounted outside the tank. If you absolutely need to have this, than the MP40 is better. For me, I could compromise...
  2. B

Jebao wp40 review

I replaced two MP40s with two of these pumps. They are the real deal, and I like them even more than the MP40s. They are much quieter even at full blast, and are dead silent under 70% intensity. I've also modded them to sync with my Apex, and they come with a mode on the controller unit called...
  3. B

FS: RSM 130D 34 Gallon Tank

Selling my RSM 130D 34 Gallon since I upgraded to a 125 gallon. Tank is in good condition, with a few minor scratches on the front glass that doesn't really affect viewing (stupid mag cleaner+sand). Tank does not come with the original top or stand. Tank includes: AquaticLife Skimmer...
  4. B

Developing LED kits for RSM Tanks

Don't retrofit. Get rid of the 130d hood completely. I switched to a chinese 48x3w led fixture open top, and my tank never goes above 79 degrees anymore. You can place 2-4 fans in the very back, and it will cool the water substantially. I even made a DIY clear netted top so fish can't jump out...
  5. B

UX Designers RSM 250 LED DIY

Awesome mod. Now is a great time to get into leds. There are some very affordable options now, that provide as good or better lighting and growth than MH. I love my leds as well.
  6. B

Red Sea Max LED Conversions

You can add my Chinese led fixture. Nova A4 off a hanging kit. You can see it in my revival thread. The chinese black boxes are 120 watts and $165 and Nova A4 is $230, shipped in 2-3 days from Hong Kong. You can customize the leds you want too. Using the RSM 130 canopy used to be a gigantic...
  7. B

Justin's RSM

Is the rock easily cuttable with a hacksaw? If so, I noticed you could make a really nice seamless structure out of the rocks by cutting off some of the square-ish corners. Looks more natural that way. The rock itself looks great.
  8. B

BHazard's RSM 130D (2012 Revival)

Bought a Vortech MP10es memorial day weekend. Now I see what the fuss is all about. The Vortech is light years better than any powerhead/wavemaker I've used. I'm loving all the different modes. It is quite a sight to see when your aquarium is making waves. The corals and the fish seem to love...
  9. B

I installed the LED lights the other day, 48x3w (running at 2w) blue and white dimmable. The fixture is excellent... High quality, high output, and cost 1/3 of what a Radion would cost. Unfortunately, I would need to replace the LED drivers inside to make it compatible with a controller. Just...
  10. B

UV Sterilizers - Good Bad or Indifferent

Not of fan of them. It didn't do much when I ran one. They won't improve anything nearly as much as keeping good water parameters would. My personal recommendation is to run a gfo/carbon reactor instead. Carbon is a well established booster of water quality, and GFO helps with phosphates.
  11. B

Added a wavemaker, CUC of snails, and a few corals. Starting to get the algae bloom. Phosphates are at 0.07. The new LED fixture will be here by Tuesday. Here is what it looks like.
  12. B

Pulsing xenia (Harvest)

This sums it up perfectly. I loved how they pulsed and how they grew so quickly in the beginning... but then it became a nightmare.
  13. B

The New Red Sea Coral Pro salt mix

I like it. Corals are doing great so far. Takes about an hour to mix clear.
  14. B

130D New Set Up - A Newbie

Try feeding pellets like ocean nutrition or new life spectrum. My clowns love it. Frozen is best, but messy and very easy to overfeed.
  15. B

Pulsing xenia (Harvest)

After 3 years and several cuttings, Xenia completely overtook my tank. Keep it separated on an isolated rock and pray. Even if you cut it, the tiniest piece inside the rock will make it come back with a vengeance. I will never keep a Xenia ever again.
  16. B

Just added a BRS Rox Carbon/GFO mix reactor last night. Woke up this morning and the tank is the cleanest I've ever seen it in 3 years! Crystal clear water. Chemi-pure/Purigen in the rack could never get it this clean. I'm going to run bio-pellets and Chaeto in the Intank rack along with this...
  17. B

Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

Don't use Turbos. They will bulldoze your corals over and become huge. Stay with the one since he's already in there. In about 6 months you'll see why. I prefer a mix of cerith, nassarius, and nerite.
  18. B

Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

Test/treat for phosphates. Switch to Chemi Pure Elite if you don't already have GFO in the tank. You are using RO/DI water right for top offs and saltwater changes? Is the skimmer making any skimmate? Try adding more flow too. A small powerhead in the tank works wonders, like the Koralia Nano...
  19. B

The older model is $60 cheaper and with less features, but puts out the same amount of light or more. Buy led aquarium light, aquarium led light, cree led aquarium light, Dimmable 120w(55x3w) led aquarium light at Aliexpress.com I think its a great upgrade over stock, and even Metal Halide...
  20. B

Just ordered my new LED lights direct from China. Should give better par than my 250w MH, and with much less heat and evaporation. Should get it within two weeks. Saved a ton of money over going DIY or with a Radion. Check them out. Buy Dimmable 120w LED aquarium lights, Dimmable NOVA A4...