Search results

1. biju708

Coral categorization Family >> Genus >> species

Dear all, I am currently involved in a project and would need coral categorization in the following manner Family >> Genus >> species for LPS, SPS & Soft Corals for example SPS >> Acroporidae >> Acropora >> Abrohlosensis do you know of any good source for such a detailed information ...
  2. biju708

Antler Coral

Hi Friends, I have a quick question for you on Antler corals, basically a friend of mine went and bought an Antler coral however it immediately started bleaching in his aquarium which is quite new only 2 months old and it powered by just 2 T5 bulbs. Anyway he asked me to place it in my...
  3. biju708

Shrimp Larvae Trap

Hi fellow reefers, My cleaners shrimps hatch larvae on a regular basis and I never managed to save any :-( I want to build a DIY larvae trap like this one featured here YouTube - shrimp larvae trap I also want to use it for my clown fish breeding tank and help please ? cause...
  4. biju708

Thought I'd share this with you. Very interesting

From Ocean to Aquarium: the global trade in marine ornamental species UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series No. 17 This publication examines issues surrounding the trade of live coral, fish and invertebrates for the marine aquarium trade, and presents a comprehensive and independent synthesis of...
  5. biju708

Automatic Top off and Water Level in Sump/Tank

Hi Fellows, hope you can help me out on this one. I am in the process of completely changing my setup since I am going to install a chiller and also get a bigger sump with a good sized refugium area and do not have any free space in the cabinet. I am going to do the whole thing in...
  6. biju708

Kelvin combination

Hi friends, today I purchased 2 150MH with a kelvin of 10000 to replace my current t5 setup. When the project is complete I will have these 2 MH together with 2 38W T5 running with blue moon . The tank is a 90gal 55cm deep bowfront should I change the bulb to a 14000 K or you reccon it...
  7. biju708

is everything ok with my clam ?

Hi, today I noticed that my clam was starting to behave strangly, it's not extending the lip as it does normally although it is open the mussle is not coming out of the shell. It there something wrong with it ?
  8. biju708

White stuff appearing on rocks and glass.

Hi Fellows, Can anyone tell me what this stuff is please. I thought it was aptesia but it does not match any pics I have seen.
  9. biju708

Fluorex HO Fluorescent Aquarium Lights

Hi All, I am currently doing some research on new lights for my 90gal and came across this website claiming to have the best aquarium lights for a fraction of the cost for MH. what do you think ? I already contacted the owner and he seems to be a great guy very helpful...
  10. biju708

Calling all experts out there.

Hi Friends, In my country Malta(Central Mediterranean) It's illegal to import Hard Corals and most invertebrates only soft corals are allowed and not even live rock or live sand. The problem is that our environmental department is very much miss informed and when you try to import...
  11. biju708

Transportation of Corals "Dry Method"

I need to transport some corals tomorrow the flight should take about 3hours so in total these corals would take a 5hr trip including time to arrive to airport and to my house. I came across this article today http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-11/eb/index.php In which it states that...
  12. biju708

Is my BTA splitting

Hi Guys, I hope that my wishful thinking did not take over and I'm going to say a glorious stupidity :) Anyhow this morning I noticed something very strange with my BTA it stretched out a lot and was doing a lot of brisk movements. Later on I noticed two mouths and one part was...
  13. biju708

VHOs in a Juwel

Hi Friends, I have a question for you maybe you can help. I have a Juwel Trigon 350 tank http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/img/ambiente/K_Am_15300_73300.jpg which comes with built in normal florescent tubes 2 of 30W and 2 of 15 W unfortunately this is not enough and I would like to upgrade to...
  14. biju708

Hello From Malta !!!

Hi All, I've been a member for some time now getting as much advise as possible and just thought to myself it was about time I should say Hi and introduce myself :) , well I've been into fresh water aquariums since I can remember my father was very passionate about it and he passed the...