Search results

1. teacampuzano

update on juvenile plate coral

Hey Reef Sanctuary, Thought I'd let you guys know and see new updates on my baby plate coral that came from my live rock. A couple of months back I posted in Reef HitchHiker ID forum with a photo of a soon to be be plate coral, it was very healthy and seemed to be growing very quickly from the...
  2. teacampuzano

Issues with my open brain?

you could raise your level of calcium but that may not be enough. what kind of lighting do you have? ever tried feeding your brain a variety of foods aside from krill pieces? best of luck though
  3. teacampuzano

i'm confused about something else...

I'm sorry to say that he seems like a goner. if most of the flesh is gone then it's tough to get them to grow back. what kind of lighting do you have on your 20 gallon? are they power compacts? if so it may have not been enough light for the guy or someone was harming him. Don't give up yet...
  4. teacampuzano

which reef safe fish has the most personality?

+1 for sailfin tangs! They are a true delight :)
  5. teacampuzano

Live rock hichhiker, can you help me identify it?

yes, and it also seems like you have an ample amount of coralline algae :) congrats!
  6. teacampuzano

ID weird anemone-thing please!

Thanks ya'll! Upon researching further into the life cycle of fungias I saw that their polyps, unlike the adults are firmly stuck to a rocky surface (just like mine). Also, there's a very nice picture of a polyp that looks exactly how mine looks under this blog if you're interested.(wildfilms...
  7. teacampuzano

the picture is zoomed up as much as I could but there's a better picture on the gallery, i still have no idea what it is but i'll attempt to get a better picture. Thanks for the attempts!
  8. leather with glass anemone shrimp

leather with glass anemone shrimp

shrimp is my favorite guy so far :)
  9. Unknown anemone

Unknown anemone

pictures here are green zoos in front, unknown middle and kenya trees on back
  10. Unknown anemone

Unknown anemone

11. Unknown anemone

Unknown anemone

12. 29g biocube

29g biocube

front shot of 29g biocube with mandarin present on left. Corals include leather corals, kenya trees, green star polyps, mushrooms, rics, and zoos
  13. teacampuzano

Hey guys, I've been aware that I've had some sort of anemone in an old zoo rock and now it's large enough to photograph I'd be more than thankful if you could possibly ID this guy. Behind him are the kenya trees and in front is a zoo rock with closed polyps. It's entirely round and it's an...
  14. teacampuzano

Peppermint shrimp just ate my snail!

I have seen a sizable peppermint shrimp attack multiple fish (fairy wrasse and small pearly jawfish) and after a couple of days of searching my good friend donated it to the local fish store as food for a very thankful grouper... they CAN be aggressive towards anything (fish, snails, other...
  15. teacampuzano

Don't laugh too hard.

If you have some cash to spare instant reef is an incredible company for artificial corals. the artificial corals look very similar to the real thing and they are made to have some flexibility (made with resin (sp?) so when you have them with flow they look gorgeous! I personally know someone...
  16. teacampuzano

Need an opinion on diamond gobies or the like

I've had my diamond goby for over a year and I have my mix opinions about them. The good: They are incredible sand sifters, generally speaking they are not aggressive unless you have other sand sifting goby in your tank. They also stay close to the sand bed so they don't sprinkle sand over...
  17. teacampuzano

Creating a home for nemo

Try cutting down the amount of lighting (around 6-8hrs is optimum) this will help with the algae problems. Also, snails are far more sensitive than red/blue-legged hermit crabs, so I would use them because they don't produce as much waste and at least over here they're a lot cheaper. Many fish...
  18. teacampuzano

blue ribbon eel problems

if you get to feed it, it'll be a big accomplishment! ribbon eels in general don't adapt well to aquariums because they reject food. I bet it's beautiful thought, I wish i had one! I just read more cons than pros with this beauty... sorry Anyways, a lot of people try it all, from frozen to...
  19. teacampuzano

any 150W viper owners out there?

Hey nano owners, I was wondering if any of ya'll used the 150W viper deluxe version? What are some pro's or cons among you nano reefers? I'm planning on using it on a 29g BioCube so any input or past experience with the light would be greatly apprecieted!
  20. teacampuzano

Hello from Mexico

welcome, bienvenido! De cual parte de mexico eres? En donde compras todos los pescados, en linea o en alguna tienda? When I used to live in Mexico, that's when i first fell in love with saltwater aquariums thanks to my friend's dad's tank. It was sooo gorgeous, it was massive, and I LOVED...