Search results

1. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

Stupid question, but did you open it up and set it for the glass thickness? Mine has been operating flawlessly since I started this thread. Or ... maybe something inside the tank moves the powerhead? I have a very large turbo snail the size of a baseball now that can move just about anything...
  2. Reef Ghost

Mariculture Technology

http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/Foods.htm They sell live and frozen foods, I just bought 100 of the saltwater feeder shrimp. There were at least 150 in the bag range of 1/4" - 3/4". Great prices and they carry a wide variety of foods, algae etc. Check them out when you have a chance.
  3. Reef Ghost

Marco Rock

I love the rock I got from Marco, great shapes, large rock full of holes etc. I would def buy from them again.
  4. Reef Ghost

Xenia - worm parasites?

Terry I have been keeping Xenia for several years now and haven't seen anything at all attack it. I do see a light colored thin segmented worm at night going thru the rock however but it doesn't seem to grow any larger. Maybe 1/64 - 1/32 dia by 3.5" long? Never seen it pay any attention to...
  5. Reef Ghost

Sump tank questions

Don't be afraid to start with "dead rock" like Marco Rocks. It's great rock and a lot cheaper, def better to use as your base anyway due to cost. Just my opinion. I have used Marco Rocks and never regretted it.
  6. Reef Ghost

Sea Hare is a serious eating machine.

Well my fuge turned into a science experiment of nasty algae's. Hair algae started growing in the main tank and I couldn't find the source of this grief until I realized it was my own fault. I hadn't changed the filters in my RO/DI system and this mess in the fuge slowed the water flow inside...
  7. Reef Ghost

Rose BTA Feeding with Clowns?

All you need to know about keeping rose anemone is on Karens web site! Caring for Rose Anemones the right way - INTRODUCTION
  8. Reef Ghost

Red Sea Aiptasia - X

I took out a couple large aiptasia from within a zoa colony and there wasn't any harm done. I wouldnt put the stuff right on any coral!
  9. Reef Ghost

Red Sea Aiptasia - X

This stuff is amazing, less than ten seconds and those annoying aiptasia are DEAD. Nothing to suck out of the tank, no mess and seconds to apply it. The stuff did not bother or harm any corals - fish but it did have one side effect. Approx 24hrs later my skimmer went into overdrive, massive...
  10. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

I know reefmack has one one of these in his rs130 maybe you could pm him and ask how his is set?
  11. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

If I were you I would try making the wave in LONG pulse which is PURPLE before giving up on it! Nothing to lose right?
  12. Reef Ghost

red sea max lighting problem

On my 130 model the lights were really hard to push in all the way. Had to brace it thru the fan slots as I seated then all the way in, mine were doing the same as yours until I did this.
  13. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

It literally takes less than 5 seconds to make a wave in my 90gal. I am using the "short pulse" which is BLUE. Maybe the directions have you screwed up? Put it on short pulse, set the speed of flow with the knob and press set, now adjust the pulse with the same knob and it has to be a fast short...
  14. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

So the first few days I ran this thing with the foam cover they supplied but it needs to be cleaned every couple days so I decided to try it without. The power increased by a min of 50% EASY. Tank went from a comfortable wave to borderline splashing over the edges in seconds. I had to back it...
  15. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

I really wanted the MP40 but my forehead was soaked with sweat and fingers shaking as I paid for the MP20, figured if it didn't work out I would put it in my Red Sea Max 130. It's rated for "up to 70gal", well it's in my 48" 90gal mix reef and it has no problem making a wave. I can only imagine...
  16. Reef Ghost

electric shock

I had this problem once in my grow out tank, not one but BOTH stealth heaters were leaking elec. I will never buy another of those. While putting frags in the tank I felt the elec and was not happy at all!
  17. Reef Ghost

MH "Experts" I Need Your Input

That ATI light looks really nice, it would have to hang above and adjust it for coverage. Adam: Getting 3 36" is a smooth idea HA! I really like T5's and this ATI is a serious light fixture ... could prove to be cheaper than MH with a broader coverage? I really need to think this lighting thru...
  18. Reef Ghost

T5 Lighting Question...

I was just looking at these ATI, they are nice looking with big numbers on the lighting. They have a 60" powermodule w/ 10x80w T5's. Thats a very respectable light especially for T5.
  19. Reef Ghost

Does anyone here have any lights from this ATI company? T5 fixture with 800 watts? Nice looking light with very respectable numbers. I know bigal is a fan of T5's...
  20. Reef Ghost

Well after posting I read some more and was looking at the 250watts, I thought 400's would be over kill? I never had MH before so I really don't know! One thing that is really in mind is just how much more will be added to the elec bill? The LFS states one 250 will add approx $40 a month running...