Search results

1. alton

Bluespot's Fantabulous Four Foot

Tank looks great!
  2. alton

The Bluespot Club

Looks like a Pearly Jawfish that was photo shopped to look like a BSJF. Sorry to hear about your misfortune Lorraine. Hope everything works out. I have a fish trap if you need one. I can drop it off at Aquarium Designs and you can pick it up from Jason.
  3. alton

What You Need to Know About Bluespots

I messed up and had a BTA in my tank with my BSJF. I do not know for sure if it led to my BSJF's demise, but I moved it to another tank. So many times when we think of killer anemonies we think of carpets, but a BTA stings also. In another tank once a Purple Tang rubbed against a BTA and was...
  4. alton

Why can’t I keep a BSJF alive?

Sorry I posted twice
  5. alton

I will try and answer all questions, sorry if I leave one out. Bought one on-line (Live Aquaria), the rest at local stores. One at the local store was there for three weeks before I bought em, ate like a pig but withered away in a couple of weeks. ( I believe he had worms) One jumped...
  6. alton

electric shock

It takes 4 Milli Amps to trip a GFCI Receptacle. If you are going to place pumps and heaters in your tank or sump it is required to have them on a GFCI Breaker or Receptacle. And please test if not weekly, monthly because some fail in the On position. And nothing is worse than thinking your...
  7. alton

electric shock

What about the grout, with my size 13 foot I doubt my feet only came in contact with tile and not the grout. LOL
  8. alton

electric shock

Current in the tank is deadly please call an electrician immediately. The following is a study I did back in 2006. (Sorry it is fairly long) DO NOT TRY WHAT I DID FOR THE STUDY. Stray Voltage Before I get started “I DO NOT RECOMMEND” to anyone to do the things I have done for my...
  9. alton

I have gone through five of these, including one that I spent an arm and a leg from Live Aquaria. They have lasted from two days to one month in my aquariums. One was eaten by a very large rock crab in my 200. A little about me; I have been keeping saltwater fish since 1991 with a brief try in...