Search results

1. G

Dosing

Formerly Kent Marine & Seachem products and I've also tried BRS 2 part. I've yet to dose any Red Sea stuff so that'll be interesting. They all probably work about the same. I like the added trace elements to the Red Sea ABC+ product. I've only auto-dosed 2 part and manually dosed the lesser...
  2. G

Dosing

I agree with Reefer on the reactor use, there are certain setups where it's a better option if you can get it to mesh with your coral choices. Same on water changes versus additives, always a tough call since it is a lil cheaper to water change and refresh trace elements and Ca/Mg/Alk that way...
  3. G

"Dancing" wiggle snails? Why?

Does this dancing occur when music is playing in the background? LOL.... sorry... I had to ask! Forgive my sense of humor :dance:
  4. G

Dosing

Hmm... I'm in a similar boat and planning on the following for an SPS shallow build: Red Sea Reef Foundation ABC+ (the + includes the coloration A and B according to the Red Sea info). Then a carbon source since I don't care for solid carbon. Maybe NoPox or something simpler/cheaper depending on...
  5. G

its my bday soooo,

Yeah that puffer is a cute lil guy/gal... they always seem to have personality to spare.
  6. G

Ro/di

Looks like it'll be a slick setup!
  7. G

Coral Dip - best brand to use?

Great advice for sure! Better to pay up front and chance a coral loss than risk a CDC level outbreak in your tank(s). FYI... I've seen lots of differing opinion on the Bayer method, mainly on RC. But the above advice on dosage seems like what most if not all would deem safe.
  8. G

How Do I Get a Blind Puffer to Eat?

I honestly laughed out loud on this.... could almost picture it in my mind :thumbup:
  9. G

its my bday soooo,

Happy Bday Kyle! And yeah... that sliding scale math is tricky lol :bday1:
  10. G

AIPTASIA found LOL help

You know what you must do. Lol.... seriously... sound advice from the other members. Good luck with the aip :wave:
  11. G

How Do I Get a Blind Puffer to Eat?

I'm no help, other than to wish you and your puffer the best. Always sad business when a fishy is ill.
  12. G

too much rock, not enough space?

I can't answer your question tbh but it (rock work) does look really nice. It almost sounds like you'd need a bigger tank in a year or two but I dunno.... not a biological guy myself. Just wanted to commend you on the rock-scape. :wave:
  13. G

Ro/di

Hmm... 2 Snelly's... whats the relationship? lol
  14. G

mantoots first tank

re: mantoots first tank Looks like a solid start to me. :wave:
  15. G

My 90 gal home built

Bummer.... sucks ya won't know why. Hate the mystery deaths.
  16. G

anyone else have trouble with Bulk Reef Supply not sending all of order?

Sounds like a case of overworked and underpaid seasonal help. I'd take it on the chin since BRS does offer good prices and educational videos. Sorry for your issues, I'm sure once you get a hold of the right people you'll get it handled. They should just need to do a quick inventory cross...
  17. G

aquafx 200gpd ro/di unit

I agree with Ziggy and Goma... Let me throw one more limiting factor. Temperature. This time of year is murder on membranes if your feed-water temp. goes much below 55F or so. Figure those membrane GPD throughput values are stated at 77F typically. I'll link some geek reading material for anyone...
  18. G

New to forum

Welcome! :wave: Look forward to your thread.... always nice to see past enthusiasts get back in the hobby.
  19. G

Just saying Hello

Welcome! :wave:
  20. G

Blue leg hermit crab

Sounds like the snail got shell jacked. Edit: If there aren't spare shells for hermits they will shell jack CUC. Also of course if they are hungry or just bored.