Search results

1. jesse92

Back to Marine and back to REEF SANCTUARY

Thanks for the warm welcome :) .... heres the link to the chronicle Ive started should start moving in a week http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/73385-my-180-mixed-first-time-stonies.html#post1003817
  2. jesse92

MY 180 MIXED (first time with stonies)

Hi guys.... Just got myself a 6' tank, the biggest tank Ive ever had and just a few days in with it in my house and already it doesnt look big enough, oh well. Anyways my plan is to set up a reef tank that is teaming with life, mostly sessile, and run it as naturally and low cost as possible. I...
  3. jesse92

Back to Marine and back to REEF SANCTUARY

Hi guys... Haven't been on this site for ages and haven't been doing saltwater for far too long too. But after very little thought I decided its time to get back in the game and come back big so the other day I picked up a nice 6' tank. Coming back to this forum as well I find it is far to easy...
  4. jesse92

New Predator tank

Its ok Blake John i dont want a volitan of russel lion...im only interested in a antennata or zebra dwarf lion which should be fine in a 60g both only growing to a max of 8"... thanx anyway :)
  5. jesse92

New Predator tank

thanx heaps!...but what about a fimbriated moray? snowflakes are too pretty for me :P
  6. jesse92

New Predator tank

I have a 60 gal tank and am keen on turning it into a predator tank. I really want to keep a lion and/or a moray but im not sure if they will work together. Anyways any ideas for a 60gal predator tank?
  7. jesse92

A Mono fish in the reef? A good idea?

Monos dont work in reefs from my experience. They pester most fish small and large and seem to enjoy picking at soft corals, so i would advise against keeping monos in a reef.
  8. jesse92

Eels and Lionfish

so no ideas?
  9. jesse92

Eels and Lionfish

hey guys, just wanted to know if there is anyone here that has kept eels with lions. Ive heard a lot of mixed reports on keeping the two together and Im curious as to what you guys think. I plan on keeping one Antennata lion or Radiated lion and one eel. I think I want a yellowhead moray but...
  10. jesse92

Anyone use a Algae Turf Scrubber? Do you recommend them?

Ive been using one for quite some time and everything has been going fine...i have fan worms and all the other microscopic critters growing like crazy and also an increase in coral growth... however u must maintain regular water checks especially pH. if u plan on using a skimmer i probably...
  11. jesse92

Zoas and Palys killing fish?

Just like to put my 2 cents in....it is true that alot of sources contradict.... but when it comes to animal size they are fairly similar and most tangs grow quite large and from hands on experience it is clear that they are very active. so just saying that hands on experience should not result...
  12. jesse92

My 60... Love my arch!

looks very nice...some fine LR there. What sort of filtration are you running? Also what sort of fish do you plan on adding in the future, a word of warning damsels are some of the most aggressive fish and harass almost every fish added to a tank....Although they are beautiful fish than WILL...
  13. jesse92

Brown algae EVERYDAY!

First things first this is a sign of poor water quality or filtration. When cleaning off the algae make sure YOU remove and dont hope the filter pics up the algae as all you are doing is spreading it by your current. Im sorry bout your tank brown algae is a huge pain but you should continue...
  14. jesse92

What should I stock in my 155g tank?!?!?!?

Personally I think its too small for a sailfin, but thats just me.
  15. jesse92

Tank Longevity (just ranting)

GREAT THREAD PAUL!....You clearly have a great love and respect for marine life and thats totally awesome, i reckon all marine aquarists should read this thread and take heed to what you said.
  16. jesse92

My all natural 50gallon rebuild

well the tank is now filled with water and LR but is really murky and yuk at the moment so its pretty hard to scape. Let the aquascaping begin! still a bit hazy im really hoping to get lots of coralline algae on the LR. Ive put lots of scrapings in the tank and have a few covered rocks...
  17. Aquascaping

Aquascaping

18. Aquascaping

Aquascaping

19. Aquascaping

Aquascaping

20. jesse92

My all natural 50gallon rebuild

well here's some pictures of the filthy algae covered tank..I took all the fish, corals, inverts, rock and substrate out, emptied the tank, cleaned off all the algae and painted the back of the tank blue to really try and make the tank look like a slice of the ocean, heres some pics to show how...