Search results

1. L

HELP! Need your help and opinion on what tank to start with!

Hi everyone. I have owned SW tanks in the past (Red Sea Max) and consider myself an intermediate hobbyists. I want to get back into the hobby and I want my tank to have some fish, corals and inverts. I can't decide which tank to purchase so I need your help. I don't want anything more than a 20...
  2. L

Can someone please explain the difference between Reefer Nano and Max Nano?

I went on the Red Sea website but still can't figure it out. It looks like the reefer tank has a sump and the max has the filter behind the tank...do they both come with the same lighting, and other components? If someone can detail the differences I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
  3. L

Thinking about getting back into it with a Biocube 16!

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I am really thinking about getting back into saltwater tanks. My first tank was the Red Sea Max 65 gal. It was too big so I sold it and downsized to the 35 gal. Had fun with that for a few years, but then didn't have the time (had kids and promotion at work...
  4. L

Selling my RSM 130D with lots of extras including RO/Di unit! Lcoated in Los Angeles.

Hi guys. I am selling my 130D tank because I got a promotion at work and I no longer have time for hobbies :( I'd rather have someone dedicated enjoy the tank. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. The tank and stand are 14 months old. Everything is in MINT condition. Here's what's...
  5. L

getting turned off with tank. need help please!

For the past month I have been fighting with algae and I'm getting sick of it to the point where I want to quit! I've tried everything! I did a water change, began feeding less, and I even turned lights off for 3 straight days. Nothing has helped! What is going on? I've had the tank for about a...
  6. L

Is this normal :(

I just noticed this. My big star is eating my small star!!!! Is this normal??????? Should I not add more starfish? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. L

Noisy Skimmer. How to decrease noise level?

I remember a few months ago I read a mod to the skimmer that decreased the noise level here in these forums. I searched it but can't find it. It had detailed steps on how to decrease the sound and even had pictures. Anyone remember this? I need to do this.
  8. L

When should I replace bulbs on my 130D?

Hey guys how often do you change bulbs? I've had my latest ones for exactly 6 months. Is it time? I've also noticed an increase in red algae. Is this a sign of aging bulbs? Similar thing happened last time around where red algae was blooming until I changed the bulbs (coincidence???). On a...
  9. L

what to feed?

I used to feed a mix of frozen cubed blood worms and brine shrimp. The LFS today recommended the cubed mysis and brine shrimps. The mysis shrimps are huge and non of my fish touched it. I have two green chromis, african wrasse, clown, and blue tang. What do you guys recommend? I was...
  10. L

Any fellow RSM Owners recommend this RO/DI unit?

BRS 5 Stage PLUS RO/DI System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply
  11. L

People Please Help!!! Termite Fumigation in house and what do I do??????

So I have Terminex coming next weekend and I am scarred. He told me 50/50 chance it survives. He told me to place and tape 4 bags over the tank and place all the way to floor as my ato unit reservoir is placed below tank. I can't do anything else really so...
  12. L

Cleaner Shrimp Missing!!!!!!!!

My cleaner shrimp is missing and can't seem to figure out how? The only thing that may be an option is the fact that my anemone ate it! I did notice weird large stem on the anemone last night. Could the shrimp have accidentally touched it and died or captured by the anemone and died?????? :(
  13. L

What to do with snail eggs????

I just added a mix of about 40 snails and noticed what looks like snail eggs. What do I do? I dont want 1,000 snails in my tank! Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid
  14. L

What's this on my snail????

Git new snails today in the mail. I noticed some of them have these pulsating mouths (lol) on their shells. See pic below. What is this? Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid
  15. L

Is additional flow necessary?

Should I another pump for additional flow, perhaps on the right side of the tank? Or should I add a deflector such as the one in the link below to the original outlets? Or do I not need anything at all...
  16. L

Feeding help?

Hey guys I have a clown fish, an engineer goby, a clown gobe, and a lawnmower blenny. I currently feed every other day and alternate the feeding between dry food, and frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. I noticed that the clown gobe won't eat the dry food only frozen so I'm worried about him not...
  17. L

Best place to buy replacement bulbs???

Also do I have to buy the Red Sea light bulbs or can I purchase other brands??? Thanks in advance!
  18. L

I like the stock skimmer but need a media rack!!!!!

What do u guys suggest???? Is there a media rack out there I can buy to place under pumps in my 130D? At this moment all I have is chemi pure just sitting at bottom. I'd like to add more media but don't want to just place on top of chemi pure. Also, how often am I supposed to change the chemi...
  19. L

Hermit crabs eating black nassarius snails

I added two nassarius snails on Saturday and by Monday two small hermit crabs were munching on the snail......kinda odd never knew that hermit crabs would do that. I have other turbo snails and even smaller ones and they haven't touched them at all. Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid
  20. L

The left chamber in the 130D

Hey guys I currently have chemi pure elite sitting at the bottom of my tank under the two pumps in my 130D. My question is, is there a media rack of some sort that fits in the left chamber under the pumps so I can place more media? I'd like to add GFO for example. Anyone know?