Search results

1. L

HELP! Need your help and opinion on what tank to start with!

So what I am getting at is stay away from Biocube... For the Marine Fusion 20, if I were to purchase the package that comes with the LED lights, what else would I need to buy?
  2. L

I'm ok with 1 or 2 fish. Looking more at shrimp, crabs, snails, etc.... I've had bigger tanks before but want to go small for now. Maybe down the road I'll get a big tank again. I completely understand what I'm getting into with a smaller tank. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  3. L

Hi everyone. I have owned SW tanks in the past (Red Sea Max) and consider myself an intermediate hobbyists. I want to get back into the hobby and I want my tank to have some fish, corals and inverts. I can't decide which tank to purchase so I need your help. I don't want anything more than a 20...
  4. L

Can someone please explain the difference between Reefer Nano and Max Nano?

How long have you had it? I had the RSM 250, and the 130D. I was able to put up with them for about 2 years each before I gave up (algae and almost every coral would die). I hear the new systems are easier and better due to the LED lighting. I'm not saying I want a tank that will function...
  5. L

Does anyone here have the Max Nano? Would you recommend it? I'm having a hard time justifying the $900 price tag, when I can get almost the same thing but a little smaller Biocube 16 gal for $300. If it's worth 3 times the price then I am good with getting it.
  6. L

I went on the Red Sea website but still can't figure it out. It looks like the reefer tank has a sump and the max has the filter behind the tank...do they both come with the same lighting, and other components? If someone can detail the differences I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
  7. L

Thinking about getting back into it with a Biocube 16!

So small tank is harder than a large tank! I did not know this, but your reasoning makes sense.... I just don't want the expense of a big tank. I think I would be happy with 20 gallon tank. Anyone suggest a good 20 gal AIO, or should I consider putting pieces together and building one? What...
  8. L

Thinking about getting back into it with a Biocube 16!

Hello everyone! It's been a while but I am really thinking about getting back into saltwater tanks. My first tank was the Red Sea Max 65 gal. It was too big so I sold it and downsized to the 35 gal. Had fun with that for a few years, but then didn't have the time (had kids and promotion at work...
  9. L

Selling my RSM 130D with lots of extras including RO/Di unit! Lcoated in Los Angeles.

Re: Selling my RSM 130D with lots of extras including RO/Di unit! Lcoated in Los Ange i can post pictures if anyone is interested.
  10. L

Selling my RSM 130D with lots of extras including RO/Di unit! Lcoated in Los Angeles.

Hi guys. I am selling my 130D tank because I got a promotion at work and I no longer have time for hobbies :( I'd rather have someone dedicated enjoy the tank. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. The tank and stand are 14 months old. Everything is in MINT condition. Here's what's...
  11. L

getting turned off with tank. need help please!

I did notice that things went bad after using the Bulk Reef Supply RO/DI unit. Up until then I was going to the LFS everytime. I imagine the RO/DO water is just as good as the LFS! Also, I have used the pin bottle to silence the skimmer recently but the skimmer is still working perfectly. Can...
  12. L

It is Cyanobacteria. I just can't seem to get rid of it. It's really pissing me off.
  13. L

For the past month I have been fighting with algae and I'm getting sick of it to the point where I want to quit! I've tried everything! I did a water change, began feeding less, and I even turned lights off for 3 straight days. Nothing has helped! What is going on? I've had the tank for about a...
  14. L

Is this normal :(

I just noticed this. My big star is eating my small star!!!! Is this normal??????? Should I not add more starfish? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  15. L

Noisy Skimmer. How to decrease noise level?

ok so I used the pill cap method and the noise has decreased greatly. One thing however is that I had to remove the plastic casing that goes over the power chords in order to fit the pill cap in the right chamber. Doing so leaves the chords exposed. Should I be worried about water every entering...
  16. L

Rsm 130 filtration

You can buy the carbon online from several stores. Buy the Chemi Pure Elite. You dont need the white media. Do however purchase the black sponge that sits in the chamber to the right of the skimmer. Good luck
  17. L

Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

It's been a while! Here's some new pictures.....how do o get rid of this red slime!!!!!! Light off for how many days again? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
  18. L

Noisy Skimmer. How to decrease noise level?

Thanks guys! Just for reassurance, these mods won't effect the skimmer function right?
  19. L

When should I replace bulbs on my 130D?

I'm also running the stock skimmer and looking into the Tunze.....but that's a whole other ball game!