Search results

1. J

detailed chiller instalation

Hey Tom, I duplicated your installation and im using a velocity T1 EXTERNAL PUMP. For some reason i am unable to get the flow going. Made sure i had water in my system before starting the pump not to run it dry. made sure i got rid of air. started the pump and nothing it wont push or pull...
  2. J

Thank you for the pics> 1 question. what is the PVC neck in the tank for?
  3. J

can any one post detailed pics of there chiller instalation with external pump. i have all my equipment just want to set it up right the first time. i would appreciate pics of the accessory att. and the full plumbing.
  4. J

Mechanical filter?

i removed all my media and replaced with live rock rubble. i have amazing life growing in the back chambers tons of feather dusters pods, sponges. i run fine filter and carbon once in a while wich i leave for a couple of days and then remove.
  5. J

How Often Do You Clean Your Pumps

I've noticed that my flow has slowed down and that water volume is high in main tank when i top off at water mark in rear chambers. Does this mean i have to get down and durty and start major clean up. Tank has been running since May 21st 2009??
  6. J

MAX 250 in the works

Thx everyone for your comments> Tank has been up since May 20th.
  7. J

I am back and will never sell my RSM 250!

+1 thats exactly what i have in my tank to start with they are easy for beginers and brings the tank alive enough for you to stay in the hobby in slow begginings
  8. J

MAX 250 in the works

got the pics figured out
  9. J

MAX 250 in the works

cant seem to get them bigger could it be the pics format?
  10. J

MAX 250 in the works

how do i post bigger pics with phoyobucket?
  11. J

MAX 250 in the works

Little update after 2 mths in the works
  12. J

How to install a chiller in RSM 250

bruce im about to install a chiller can you post pics of what the acc. adapter looks like inside the tank with the plumbing?
  13. J

White film on ocellaris clown

your clown had brook a common clown fish fungus and should be treated with formalin in r/o water baths 5 to 10 min. my clown is presently suffering from this and after just one bath the change is drastic. i lost one last week and im working on saving my second one.
  14. J

MAX 250 in the works

When i started my tank i had my fully cured rock. I put the full bottle of Nitro Bac that came with the kit and i also put 25l of water from my LFS's system in my tank wich surely help kick start everything.
  15. J

MAX 250 in the works

No never had the algae bloom. The only thing is a bit of diatom on my sand beb and a bit of algae on my koralia 3. my rock came with 2 snails that have reproduced in my tank since they have no predators and i have stomatella's that have been reproducing like little rabits i must have at least...
  16. J

MAX 250 in the works

my rock was fully cured so i didn't really c a cycle happen. never had an amonia spike or a spike in nitrite or nitrate thats whay i only did a 10%. what do you recommend on a weekly basis? 10 to 15%?
  17. J

MAX 250 in the works

well my 250 has been cycling for a little under 1 mths. i just finished all my tests and all is good. Ca: 450 ph: 8.4 Alk: 3.2 Amonia:0 nitrate:0 Nitrite:0 I performed my 1st water change about 10% and will be running all the test again in 2 days. If all is good again i will be...
  18. J

RSM250 Loud Hinge Noise when opening

same problem here never wanted to start a threa for that but thx for starting it.
  19. J

RSM Shopping List

i would: INVEST IN A R/O UNIT TDS METER TO MAKE SURE YOUR WATER IS GOOD AND THE R/O UNIT IS WORKING GOOD REFRACTOMETER ( BETTER THAN WHAT RED SEA GIVES YOU AND MORE ACCURATE) 2 RUBBERMAID BUCKETS FOR PREPARING WATER 1X SALTWATER 1X R/O WATER. 1X AIR PUMP TO STIR YOUR SALTWATER WHEN YOU...
  20. J

am i getting hosed?

looks like base rock. live rock usually has alot more color and life to it it should not look dry and have no life.