Search results

1. PootyTang

Hitchhiker Crab

Hey Trying to figure out what this crab is. Furry doesn't seem good to me, and it has black tips on its claws, but it didn't seem to look like a Teddy Bear or Gorilla. In either case, will probably bring it to the LFS ASAP. Thanks!
  2. PootyTang

PT's CoralPalooza

I have noticed this as well, it's a little hard to describe, but it seems to close its mantle and puff out a bit when I feed it. I think I'm going to stick with the marine snow, vitamins and selcon for now, and I'll keep you up to date on how it does.
  3. PootyTang

PT's CoralPalooza

Forgot to add this picture of the Red/Green Brain that I put in a few days ago that's finally starting to open up: Thought I would include a picture or two of my Water Parameter spreadsheet that I've been using; it automatically graphs all may parameters and I use it to keep track of my...
  4. PootyTang

PT's CoralPalooza

The pics are taken with a Canon Powershot SD780IS. I find that using the Digital Macro setting makes the pictures the most sharp, but if my subject is too far away, putting it on manual and adjusting the exposure and ISO is usually enough to get the picture I want. The pic of the green horn...
  5. PootyTang

PT's CoralPalooza

Thanks, the tank has been fishless for about 4 months now, it's actually kinda nice to have next to no upkeep, but it can be difficult to resist the temptation, especially when I see that my LFS has a dwarf golden moray.
  6. PootyTang

PT's CoralPalooza

Thought I would post some pictures of my 29 that started up about a year ago. I had some fish in there (a couple wrasses and clowns) but extended time away meant I had to give them away. For now I'm just keeping the tank with corals and a few inverts who don't need to be fed regularly. Other...
  7. PootyTang

September 2011 POTM Contest

I have tried uploading my picture several times to the gallery and it doesn't seem to be showing up after going through the upload process. Any thoughts?
  8. PootyTang

I can't seem to be able to upload my picture to the gallery, if someone could be so kind as to give me a hand?
  9. PootyTang

My submission for the month:
  10. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

So those hydros are all over the glass now, are these anything I should concern myself with? And I'm still unsure about whether or not the cycle is done, I've never cycled using cured live rock already being in, but the presence of nitrates makes me think it's ready. I won't be going to get...
  11. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

btw, forgot to post the pic of the tank. It doesn't look like much, but its a tank, so its enough for me!
  12. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

That definitely looks like the same thing! thanks! is this anything I should concern myself with?
  13. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

Sorry, I just realized that the picture I posted of my mystery thing #1 was kinda fuzzy, here's a better picture:
  14. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

So I realize now that I've kind of been neglecting this thread. Since the last post, I've set up the 29, got some sand, water and rock in there and started the cycle (using a couple cubes of frozen brine shrimp). I do have a couple questions: 1. I've been testing the water for Amm...
  15. PootyTang

February '11 POTM Contest

Sorry about that! I didn't see the new rule!
  16. PootyTang

February '11 POTM Contest

My submission!
  17. PootyTang

January 2011 POTM VOTING

Is the poll still open?
  18. PootyTang

January 2011 POTM VOTING

When does voting end for this contest?
  19. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

I know that so far this thread isn't particularly captivating, it would probably be a little bit better if I actually had the tank here, but it's coming in 2 weeks. In the meantime, I wanted to ask the question that always seems to spark the best discussion; what should I put in it? As far as a...
  20. PootyTang

A Different Kind of Reef

So just to clarify, I'm trying to prevent coraline from growing. Those bacteria additives sound like they're what I'm looking for to seed some bacterial growth without having to introduce coraline. I plan on monitoring pH very closely, and if I find it's starting to fall off, then I may...