Search results

1. molsen187

Cycing Progress

be careful with petco. they don't have a very good reputation where i am from. be weary of fish stores they tell you stuff so you will spend money there. i always check online to see if what the store told me is the truth before i make a purchase. pet stores are in it for money too. not all of...
  2. molsen187

Juan's Picotope 3G tank journey

these tanks are great for sexy shrimp and other smaller things that disappear in larger tanks.
  3. molsen187

Can I change the angle of the coral?

what kind of light did the dealers tank have? if it was stronger than yours, that may be why it was on the bottom of his tank. you may have to put yours up higher in the tank.
  4. molsen187

Evil Damsel!

if he was able to bring the damsel to a lfs they would of just ended up feeding it to one of their fish they aren't going to resell a damsel to somebody. at least the ones up here wont/ they feed them to groupers and fish like that.
  5. molsen187

New Guy with shots of my 72g Reef Tank

holy scolys batman. that is a sweet tank. love the scolymalia(sp) in the lower left.
  6. molsen187

Green Star Polyps Wont Grow?

the two part solution is the best for raising calcium imo. the kalkwasser works but is much more of a pain i think. i wouldn't worry about the gsp not growing. some tanks handle some corals better than other for no apparent reason. i've never been able to keep xenia alive in my tanks but can...
  7. molsen187

Harlequin shrimp and starfish

i'm not an expert by any means but i'm pretty sure they will eat any starfish. not sure if they have a favorite type really. i know a lot of people that feed them chocolate chip stars but that is more because they are less expensive usually than other stars. i would only think they would need...
  8. molsen187

Newbie from NH

welcome to RS. i would keep the worms too. their population will ebb and flow depending on how much excess food is in the tank. they are good scavengers to have.
  9. molsen187

Frogman's 90 gallon no sump mixed reef

nice shots. the low kh could be why the kenya tree and frogspawn are sulkings.
  10. molsen187

Should I be freaked out or excited?

most people look at bristle worms as beneficial to the tank. i agree as long as the population is kept in check. they are good at cleaning up extra food. their population will ebb and flow depending on how much extra food there is too eat.
  11. molsen187

What is this stuff on my live rock? Pictures attached!

not really sure what that white stuff is...maybe some form of algae. in a smaller tank like a nano or pico water changes are vital. at least a 5%-10% water change every week is what i would do.
  12. molsen187

Do you have any advice? I just got a tiny pistol shrimp

i had a tiger pistol shrimp for awhile before my tank crash and it was a cool critter to have. i wouldn't get another one because there was constantly sand in the water column. it just got on my nerves after awhile and it loved to steal acan frags i had in the sand to make his cave better. i...
  13. molsen187

xenia over growing...

not sure when the best time to cut them is, but you can definitely just put the cup on the bottome of your tank. you could use a tupperwear container too.
  14. molsen187

Mini's Reef Bowl

that sucks about the ric. i never thought of having to scrape the corraline off that sounds like a pita. glad the other tanks survived the move.
  15. molsen187

magfloat question and filter floss question

the best thing about the tank is it's right in my room so i have to go by it everyday so i stay pretty on top of it.
  16. molsen187

Newbie refugium question

you could always build pod houses out of rock rubble. just make a pile or two in the fuge and the pods will breed there like crazy. also i've heard of people putting xenia and feather dusters in their fuge to help filter the water too.
  17. molsen187

i was going to just throw a little bit in the ac70 i have on the back of my 4g and change it out every few days once it got brown. i just remember reading somewhere that it had to be nonflame retardant or something like that i just wanted to make sure it was the right stuff. i see what you are...
  18. molsen187

i'm not sure if this is in the right section so i'm sorry if it is in the wrong one. i have a magfloat that i used to use on my 55g. that tank crashed awhile ago and i decided to downsize and i now have a 4g pico tank. i was wondering if i could use the magfloat to scrape the algae in the 4g...
  19. molsen187

Mini's Reef Bowl

how did the move go? how is the mini reef doing?
  20. molsen187

Cyno bacteria

how old is the tank? if it is fairly new cyano and dinos are common in establishing systems. how often do you feed? that was a big reason i was getting cyano in my old 55g. i cut my feeding back to every other day instead of everyday and that helped a lot. do you use frozen food or flake food...