Search results

1. S

Help! Star Polyps haven't opened for three days!

I hope so, they're one of my favorites.
  2. S

They're about 8" deep under 80 watts of PC's in a 10 Gal Nano. . . doesn't make sense.
  3. S

The colony is about 20 polyps large, Ive had them in the tank for about two months now, and three days ago they just didn't "wake up". I did not notice anything unusual prior to the issue. Aside from one or two polyps opening about halfway at a time, the whole colony hasn't opened in three...
  4. S

Established clownfish suddenly start fighting?

Thanks for the help, I put her in the net, and I think this weekend I will see if the LFS that sold me this "Mated Pair" will give me credit toward a different breed. . . it just seems like to much trouble for this small of a tank. I think I also need to find a new LFS. Thanks again guys. . .
  5. S

Ok, now my guy is in pretty rough shape. Fins are pretty ragged, and he is "resting" on the sand bottom. I almost want to put him in the breeders net to give him a rest from the crazy woman. would there be a problem with that?
  6. S

Ok, here's some pics - btw, is this hijacking?
  7. S

I don't have decor that can be re-arranged, just two pieces of live rock that have been epoxied/ zip tied together to form a good overhang. I'll post some pics. I think she's claimed as her territory. . . "the water" and he just can't get away. When I tried to take a pic of his nipped...
  8. S

OK, this is just too weird, I was about to post almost the same question, except my time frame is in weeks not months. My tank (10 gal nano) is fairly new - finished cycling a month ago. Since, Ive added a cleanup crew (four crabs, two snails) a half dozen frags (star polyps, zoas, green candy...
  9. S

Distilled water?

My LFS sells "ready to go" water with a salinity reading of 1.023 for $1.25 per gallon. I bought a few 5 gal buckets with snap on lids and a good seal at the local home depot. When I figured out the cost of making up my own. It's definitely easier to just buy from the LFS.
  10. S

I finally pulled the trigger!

Here's a couple other angles. In the first you can see the zip tie (white) used to hold the two pieces together. You can also see the black zip ties holding the base rock to the plastic rods hidden under the sand :D
  11. S

Ok, here are my first readings: Temp - 78 NH3 - 2.0 NO2 - 1.2 Salinity - 1.023 pH - Buffered to 8.3 not yet testing NO3, KH, Calcium, or Phosphates Here's some pics, 1st is full light, 2nd is actinic only, 3rd is moon lighting :cool:
  12. S

After a year of lurking and thinking to myself I think a reef would be a cool addition to my three FW tanks, I finally broke down and did it :guns: I consolidated the fish from my smallest tank, a ten gallon, bought the most expensive piece of aquarium related equipment ever :bugout: (man...