Search results

1. O

What do I do with clownfish eggs???

Thanks for the replies everyone. I still want to read up, but in the meantime, they're spawning frequently, and I'll just let my inhabitants have live food : ) I have a mandarin as well so he's probably been enjoying the fresh live food!
  2. O

What do I do with clownfish eggs???

My pair of Clarkii clownfish have been spawning! What do I do with the eggs now??? I've never reared any fish. They spawned on the side of a rock, surrounded by a forest of pulsing xenia. Any direction would be appreciated! At first I thought the orange mass was some weird algae, but then...
  3. O

Attempt on Coral(s)

How often do you do water changes and what is the age of your tank?
  4. O

Xenia and Chemi-Pure Elite

I use Chemi-Pure Elite and also small amounts of activated carbon with phosphate remover and my xenia have proliferated. I don't buy the theory either that they only do well in "dirty" tanks and mine is a prime example. Get some and give it a shot!
  5. O

Pulsing Xenias for sale - Ohio

Here are the frags that I have for sale! The plugs all have at least two or three stalks: http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu23/rcdilallo/010_resized.jpg And here is a colony in my tank that is NOT for sale, but shows how lush and beautiful they will get...
  6. O

Pulsing Xenia for Sale - Ohio

Here are the frags that I have for sale! The plugs all have at least two or three stalks: http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu23/rcdilallo/010_resized.jpg And here is a colony in my tank that is NOT for sale, but shows how lush and beautiful they will get...
  7. O

Thanks. I was going to post some tonight when I'm home. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling : )
  8. O

I sure can. I'll try to take some pictures tonight and post them.
  9. O

White pom pom pulsing xenias for sale! I have 7 reef plugs of the xenias that I've fragged and will sell them for $10 each. I prefer local pickup. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I can also ship if you want, but shipping is extra and I can not guarantee they will be alive. Especially now in...
  10. O

White pom pom pulsing xenias for sale! I have 7 reef plugs of the xenias that I've fragged and will sell them for $10 each. I prefer local pickup. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I can also ship if you want, but shipping is extra and I can not guarantee they will be alive. Especially...
  11. O

Can someone recommend a HOB protein skimmer?

I've used the bak pak and it required too much maintenance to function properly. i'm using an AquaC now with good results.
  12. O

Sally Lightfoot Crab

Thanks for the tip. All my creatures come out too as well, except for the Sally Lightfoot! He's not always in view, and he hasn't come out when I feed. Everything else does though...the cleaner shrimp, the yellow watchman goby, clowns, chromis and all the hermit crabs so crazy. Maybe I...
  13. O

Kalkwasser vs Carbonate and Calcium Liquid Supplements?

Thanks for the tip! I never thought of using dry alk and calcium additives! I don't even think I've seen them...I will certainly buy that from now on. SO much cheaper! Thanks again.
  14. O

Kalkwasser vs Carbonate and Calcium Liquid Supplements?

Are there any advantages to using Kalkwasser versus using products like liquid carbonate and liquid calcium supplements? I'm thinking of switching to Kalkwasser and wanted to get opinions before doing so. I know I'd have to buy a dosing tank for the Kalkwasser.
  15. O

Sally Lightfoot Crab

Is he in full view when you feed him? Or do you just plop it in the tank and they find it? I have some hungry feeders in my tank!:snshne: I just alternate flake food and frozen food (i use some kelp cubes, mysis shrimp, and carnivore frozen cube foods).
  16. O

Damsels not actually beginner fish?

The smaller the tank, the more territorial some fish like damsels can get. They ARE a beginner's fish. They're cheap, colorful and hardy. They will exhibit less aggression the larger the tank gets. Now, some clown fish can be very territorial as well. After all, clown fish are in the damsel...
  17. O

Sally Lightfoot Crab

Good to hear! Thanks! What do you feed him?
  18. O

Emerald Crabs - share your stories

How are you going to catch him?
  19. O

Caulerpa gone sexual

I have 24 hour lighting with grape caulerpa in my refugium and it's been fine. Keeping 24 hour lights on it will prevent it from going sexual, or so I've heard. I wasn't able to grow chaeto for some reason so I had some grape caulerpa come out of nowhere in my tank, and moved it to the...
  20. O

Emerald Crabs - share your stories

Yes, I've had two emerald crabs and they've only lasted several months and then died. Not the longest lived creatures. At least in my tank. Everything else I have in my tank is thriving and much longer lived. I worry about my sally lightfoot though! Anyone have any of those? I see her...