Search results

1. Neptunesghost

Need two IDs!

Upload them to photobucket.com first, then add the pic with the link provided.
  2. Neptunesghost

Red Hairy Leg Crab

Actually, I am starting to think he's a White-spotted Hermit Crab (Dardanus megistos). If so, very cool, but not what I'm looking for.
  3. Neptunesghost

Red Hairy Leg Crab

Well spotted....yes, it is
  4. Neptunesghost

Red Hairy Leg Crab

I am mainly curious if he is a fish killer. I have a rare blenny and don't want to take any chances.
  5. Neptunesghost

Red Hairy Leg Crab

One of our LFSs has a red hairy leg crab, about the size of a golf ball....I've heard that they eat aiptasia, but I cant find anything definitive. He would be in a FOWLR tank. If I could find ANY info on this guy (besides the old wives tail hairy=bad) it would be very helpful.
  6. Neptunesghost

Need Help!!!

How deep is your sand bed? My jawfish wasn't happy with less than 4-6 inches in which to burrow.
  7. Neptunesghost

Dead Fish..

Just another point of interest, bacteria cannot (to my knowledge) go from anerobic to aerobic. They are 2 different kinds of bacteria, that are both present and serve two different purposes. I still believe there is another problem. Bacteria definately would not die off completely with that...
  8. Neptunesghost

Why is Paraguard insufficient to Cupramine

I swear by cupramine. It is amazing if used properly. I have tried "organic" non copper alternatives and had no luck. At least as important as the medication, is the technique used for treatment. There is a very good article here, I believe it is a sticky somewhere. VERY IMPORTANT to follow the...
  9. Neptunesghost

Dead Fish..

A few hours without power shouldn't affect anything, provided you aren't grossly overstocked. It will make the PH drop from the increased CO2, but that should recover shortly after the circulation does. I would definately run carbon, and keep up the water changes, but there is another problem. I...
  10. Neptunesghost

Coral Beauty Behavior

I think you are exactly right about the cleaning. I had a CBA that would almost harass my cleaner shimp...she loved to be cleaned. Does she hold a gill flap open? You would probably do well to get at least one skunk cleaner shrimp.
  11. Neptunesghost

Really!?

Some anemones are known fish eaters. My LTA has eaten a fish, but the fish practiaclly swam into it's mouth trying to hide. On the whole, I'd say you are safe. My clowns have been hosting in my LTA for a long time without incident. Condys are far more likely to exibit that behavior
  12. Neptunesghost

THE GREAT ESCAPE (At least for me)

Maybe I missed something...why do you NOT want your tank to cycle?
  13. Neptunesghost

How hard can I try to remove a snail

To answer your question, yes, you can pull hard enough to kill them. Abolone are especially vulnerable to this (little buggers have an incredible grip)
  14. Neptunesghost

RO vs RO/DI?

It depends on your water. It is better to have RODI, but if your output TDS is below 5, you should be ok with just RO
  15. Neptunesghost

Help! Serpent Starfish Disintergrated

Seems like a huge number of serpent stars, how big is your tank? Could have been a nutritional problem
  16. Neptunesghost

Mechanical filtration

Definately need more details. Tank size, and a clearer definition of "in the zone" for starters.
  17. Neptunesghost

tank feeding

I think the only things at my house that eats more than my Pug are my clowns. Just because the will eat 5 times a day, doesn't mean they should. One to two small daily feedings should be sufficient.
  18. Neptunesghost

Rodi not producing Alot

I would reccomend that you check your water pressure BEFORE you buy a booster. A gage is only a few bucks, and a necessity for an RODI system.
  19. Neptunesghost

Anemone in trouble?Please help!

BTAs do prefer an SG of 1.026 though...but raise it very gently...no more than .001 per day.
  20. Neptunesghost

Anemone in trouble?Please help!

I would leave it alone for a day or so and see how it does. They will look quite pathetic while aclimating to a new tank....fairly normal