Search results

1. carmexx

Phila area (19401) tank breakdown-QT Tank

This setup is still in use and must go! Please make an offer.....No reasonable offer refused! Pickup ONLY!! ! (19401 zip) Livestock first if system is parted out. Apex Jr right now is offline.....it is in a boot loop. **includes display module** Livestock Picasso clownfish Toadstool leather...
  2. carmexx

FS: SPS green slimer mini colonies available

Fresh cut mini colonies available immediately!!! I have 1 large colony 4"+ for $80.00. (size of my open hand) I have multiple 2-3" colonies for $40.00 ea.(palm and fist sized) Mother colony pictured below. Large colony pictured second. Mini colony pictured third.
  3. carmexx

AI wireless controller

I am looking for an Aqua Illuminations Hydra wireless controller. I haven't found much since it seems thedy discontinued it. Anyone out there selling one?
  4. carmexx

fragging lps

I have a question on fragging an acan lord. I did not do it purposefully but found 2 floating polyps. I placed them in one of those glass rim hanging containers with coarse rock bits for it to set up. It doesn't seem to be working but i'm thinking sand for an lps now since it needs to build the...
  5. carmexx

Various frags-colonies f/s

As stated in the subject field, i have more than a few frags and colonies for sale. Local pickup Only. Philadelphia, PA suburbs. 2 - Multi head torch frags , $20.00/ea 1 -Torch colony...roughly 20 heads (softball size) $100.00 2 - Strawberry shortcake encrusted frags...about 1 1/2" frags...
  6. carmexx

Reefkeeper/Aqua Medic items

I have a Reefkeeper APC module available....$90.00 shipped Also 2 Aqua Medic wave pumps...$70.00 ea shipped
  7. carmexx

Calibrating Temp Probes

Ok, I may be crazy but I have little to no faith in the Actual temp in my aquarium. I use a temp probe through my Reefkeeper and It just doesn't calibrate. I get different readings. I unplug a heater or plug one in and wait and no change for hours sometimes. I had one of those digital ones...
  8. carmexx

OK reefers, check this out

I can't believe what I have just witnessed. I have never purchased a brittle star period. I started my system with dry rock and sand. I did however introduce some corals from my old tank 3 years ago. The result was a population of brittle stars...small but there. Tonight, after lights out and a...
  9. carmexx

Question for you Durso standpipe users

I am having issues with the durso "surging" or making that flushing noise. For the last year never had an issue. I did recently clean my return Pump (951 gph) and replaced some of the hard return schedule 40 with all vinyl tubing instead of some vinyl/pipe. I can't keep a consistant water level...
  10. carmexx

Dosing Kalk Question

I have recently started dosing kalkwasser. I mix in a gallon container and pour into my top off reservoir. It's not an auto doser but uses a float to add topoff. I am getting a surface film in the tank b/c I don't have alot of surface agitation. I get the "disco ball effect" from my LED's if i...
  11. carmexx

PH question

Ok, to start I have a 57 Deep blue RR, deep sand bed(3-4 inches), maybe 60 lbs of live rock, 2 hydra LED's about 9-10 inches above waterline. I run a SRO1000 skimmer, sicce 4.0 return pump, and 2 aqua medic 4.0 powerheads. I monitor with a reef keeper elite maintaining 78.0 to 79.0F temp and a...
  12. carmexx

Stray Voltage

Ok, I have a Big question. My reefkeeper PC4 (power bar) is leaking stray voltage into my aquarium. I checked each channel one by one and no change. When I unplug the power strip the voltage stops. There is nothing else in the system that is submerged. Would a ground probe solve the issue until...
  13. carmexx

Heater Inquiry

I have a Reefkeeper Elite and am looking to replace my 2 jager heaters due to stray voltage. I have seen the titanium heaters and am wondering if I can just buy the titanium heating rod and plug it in to the PC4 and control the outlet with the reefkeeper, or is this not how those titanium rods work.
  14. carmexx

WTB AI Hydra Fixture

Looking for a hydra replacement fixture or two. I really only need pucks but will entertain prices on the entire fixture.
  15. carmexx

New to 2 part dosing

I'm trying to wrap my head around 2 part dosing. After a battery of tests my Alk and Mg is very very low. My SPS nor other corals didn't reflect the low results I have.But I am gonna start! I had Randy's Recepie #1 in mind...http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/4/chemistry. I am trying to find...
  16. carmexx

HELP! Flickr users

How do i put pics into my posts? I've used photobucket before and just copied link to pic and it showed up. But I see no links or tags for the flickr photo's.
  17. carmexx

FS Reef Octopus Skimmer

I have a Super Reef Octopus SRO1000int for sale. I just ordered another skimmer and need this gone! $170.00 Shipped Retails at 319.00. Great buy! Rated to 125 gals.
  18. carmexx

Advice on skimmer choice

I am on the market for a new skimmer. I have a 57 rimless with 20 gallon sump. I had a vertex omega 150. It is big and pulled out sludge but had problems with the impellers. I was thinking about going for a omega 130 or an aquamaxx cos1. My price range is about $260.00. These are what i have...
  19. carmexx

skimmer help

I was dead set on selling my under performing ( or i thought )sro1000 skimmer, til tonight! I am gonna give it another whirl after buying this to replace my omega 150. Here's my setup... 57 gallon DB rimless 2 AI hydra's...36" T5 x 2 supplement Sicce 3 return pump RW8 and WP25 flow RKE...
  20. carmexx

Skimmer F/S

I have a used SRO 1000 protein skimmer for sale. I have the original box. $200 shipped. Rated up to 125 gals.