3. reef keeper

Hello and good evening from Woodstock, GA

Welcome to reef sanctuary !!
  4. reef keeper

Hello from Evergreen Colorado

Welcome to the reef sanctuary
  5. reef keeper

RO/DI Units simple Question

Just like to say thanks. I went out and bought a TDS meter and did a test on the tap water and the RO/DI water, tap registered over 185 ppm and the RO/DI registered 005 and that is quite a drop. I noticed a lot of waste water as well. This saves me from going and buying the water in 5 gallon...
  6. reef keeper

RO/DI Units simple Question

I just bought my first RO/DI unit a AquaFX Barracuda unit and was wondering, Do I still have to add a water conditioner like Seachem's Prime or use the water as it is? Also did buy a decent unit?
  7. reef keeper

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

Great news On the tank and Condolences on your uncle... prayers for the family
  8. reef keeper

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

Sorry I'm not in the loop but I was asking about the Tank and stand. And I found one place that can order one and it will cost me over $1200.00 and that is just the tank and stand not the starter kit that is an extra $300.00. Then there is shipping costs. Man I hate Canadian Prices. HAPPY ST...
  9. reef keeper

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

I looked into both of the sites listed. I will contact both. Thanks for you assistance. And yes Reef concept is around 3k from me.
  10. reef keeper

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

Thanks, I am going to price one out up here in Canada. If Anyone knows a retailer in Alberta Please PM me.
  11. reef keeper

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

This might be a stupid question, But as naive as I am, how big is the tank?
  12. reef keeper

Skimmer use during cycle?

That was a good read! Thanks
  13. reef keeper

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

I know I don't post a lot but I have been following this chronicle since I became a member. I am deeply saddened by the loss of you loved one. Also if I did not live in Canada I would be beside you helping with you fragging. Hope you day goes well.
  14. reef keeper

RO Unit Mistake - What an Idiot !!!

Man I feel for you but I do believe we learn from our mistakes(except for me I do things two or three times before I do it right)!
  15. reef keeper

MOVING, need advice

I moved 175 miles from 1 city to another and this is what I did. I put all my fish in cooler with the water I drained from the tank. took all the old water out of the tank and stored it in containers. I left enough water in tank to cover the substrate. All the live rock was put in another...
  16. reef keeper

Would you be willing to pay a bit more?

I think it would be a good thing only with exotic hard to find fish!
  17. reef keeper

Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Very Impressive!!
  18. reef keeper

Starting A Tank

Why not try dwarf seahorses I hear they are not as bad as they say.
  19. reef keeper

My long drawn out process of my 135g build

I know I have not posted in a long time but this tank build is driving me insane. I am still trying to make this build happen. This is the update to what is happening. I bought a Bubble King Protein Skimmer a mini 180.got it for $800.00 the store wanted $1200.00. I As for the build we decided to...
  20. reef keeper

my great deal!

Sorry to read about your 125g. And glad to see that you conntinued with a new 180g. I see you are off to a great start!