Search results

1. N

How to remove hair algae effectively!

Hi I post this thread as I, along with many other reefkeepers, have had the unpleasant experience of having green hair algae taking over the tank to the point where I considered dropping this whole aquarium adventure. I had tried many things: 35% water change 3 weeks in a row (I only use...
  2. N

Skimmer performance after External filter?

Hi I am the happy owner of a 6 month old RSM 130D where I have replaced the stock skimmer with a Tunze Nano skimmer. The performance of the skimmer was very good until I hooked up a Eheim Ecco Pro external filter 3 weeks ago. The filter is connected after the medie rack in order to reduce...
  3. N

Hydor Prime or another external filter

Hi I am considering purchasing an external filter for my RSM 130D to house an active carbon filter and perhaps another filter media, so I can remove the bag of active carbon from below the pumps. I have looked at the Hydor Prime 20 filter for this purpose. Any experience with this?
  4. N

Nashdk's RSM130D

Finally i got my tank up and running with 20 kg of LR og 10 kg of Reefbase. I am using RO water with Red Sea coral pro salt. I plan to keep this thread updated with the development of the project. It is running on day 6 today. Here are a few pictures from the first couple of days: Day...
  5. N

Calcium levels and RO water?

Hi My RSM130D has been up and running for 4 days now with LR and Red Sea Reef Base from the Red Sea Max starter kit and Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. I have only used RO water and the LR came from another mature tank. When testing the Calcium level with the tester set from the starter kit, the...
  6. N

Turn off skimmer 6-8 hours every day?

Hi I have my RSM 130D placed in my office and is periodically annoyed by the noise the skimmer creates. I know it is possible to reduce this noise by various mods but as I am only in the office 6-8 hours every day I have thought about just shutting the thing down during my office hours. I...
  7. N

Storing RO water?

Hi I have just connected my Reverse Osmosis unit and need to store the clean water as my tank is placed too far from a water tap. I have purchased 3 new red plastic 20 liters (5 gallons) gasoline containers to store the water. Naturally I have cleaned them with running water and they have...
  8. N

LR or substrate in first?

Hi I've just started up my marine aquarium (RSM 130D) and filled it with saltwater which is circulating through the system. I am a bit confused regarding what to place first. LR og substrate? Some say that placing LR on top of the substrate could potentially cause cracks in the glass as...