Search results

1. echopiece

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Hi Glen, yes I have two small mangroves at the moment. They are not doing much for export, but they are kind of cool to watch grow.
  2. echopiece

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Thank you! I had a yellow tail damsel for a few months, then one day I came home and my pom pom crab had him for dinner! I have no idea what happened as he seemed very healthy and happy prior to the incident? When I transfer everything out of my RSM 130D, I will stock this tank with some more...
  3. echopiece

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Thanks, but that tank has been taken down for a few months now. I built another 5.5 and derimmed it and installed a 150w radium over this one (shown here). Not much has happened as I am focused on my new 30 gallon setup.
  4. echopiece

KUWAIT RSM 250 Full SPS

Welcome win98ena, glad you found Reef Sanctuary and joined up! Any questions you will ever have with your tank will most likely be answered here. Its a great site with very nice and helpful people!
  5. echopiece

SPS Dominated RSM 250

The tank is 8 months old. He said he is still using the stock skimmer and changes the bulbs out every 6 months. Every 2 weeks he changes 20% water, and uses tropic marin pro salt. Very impressive 250!
  6. echopiece

SPS Dominated RSM 250

Found this video this morning! This is not my tank, and I dont know if he/she is on this forum? However, I felt compelled to share it. I tried contacting this individual for more info. Looks like they are running the stock lights, amazing! Kuwait Red Sea Max 250 - YouTube
  7. echopiece

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

I used black krylon fusion paint, let cure for at least 48hrs.
  8. echopiece

superfrog's 5.5 gal AIO custom pico build

Wow, very nice tank! Its coming along great! I love how you made your ideas actually come to life! Thanks for thinking of my tank for reference Reefmack!
  9. echopiece

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Just finished installing a 70W fishneedit metal halide, with the stock 20K bulb over my 5.5g. Corals are still getting used to the new light. The stock 20K bulb looks more like a 14K, but is still fairly nice and is VERY bright! Temp hasnt been an issue yet. I moved my fan a few inches closer...
  10. echopiece

Glenn's If interested thread...

That is a great site! Definitely bookmark worthy! I found it on AquaNerd.com, which is another great site full of the newest equipment and reviews.
  11. echopiece

Joining The Club!!!

Its really top notch! I grew up near Chicago too, but havent been to the Shedd in nearly 8 years. The reef exhibit was new for us!
  12. echopiece

Joining The Club!!!

I was recently up in Chicago for the holidays and we stopped at the Shedd Aquarium for some fun. The wild reef exhibit was just awesome. Being from FL we frequently visit Sea World, and I must say the reef tanks at the Shedd were quite impressive! Wasnt sure where to post these videos, so...
  13. echopiece

Changing Di Resin

Yeah I might as well just change it, seeing as how I have a fresh bag just sitting here. Interesting, so phosphates dont make up total dissolved solids? Or are you saying these cheap hobbyist meters wont detect it? Thanks for the info!
  14. echopiece

Coraline Algae on back walls

Wish I had the answer, but it can be so many factors. I have a 5.5g and I only have a few patches growing on my back walls. I wish the tank was covered. All my parameters are right on track, but yet no growth! When I first introduced my LR my tank exploded in beautiful coralline, but since has...
  15. echopiece

Changing Di Resin

Here is a picture of my Di resin canister. As you can see, the color changing ring is right about in the middle. I have had this RO/Di filter for about 2 years now and never replaced the Di resin. I only have a 34 gallon tank and change 10% water a week. Needless to say, I dont make that much...
  16. echopiece

questions out of rsm, b-ionic buffer

Terry, the big 2 gallon jugs come half full with the concentration. You have to add the other half with ro/di water to make up the full amount. Not sure why they do this, but it seems to work.
  17. echopiece

Joining The Club!!!

Forgot to post, but my feather duster is ok and grew another crown. On another note, after much speculation I finally caught my harlequin shrimp eating an astrenia star fish. I have have had him for about a month now, and he hid 90% of the time. Well, this past week he has been out on the prowl...
  18. echopiece

New Red Sea Coral Pro?

Thanks for test update Al. I didnt realize the Ca was that high - 520. Is that the same number posted on the bucket?
  19. echopiece

Mp10 in RSM250

Glenn, how much turbulence does the 250 produce in its stock form? Are there a lot of dead spots? I run my mp10 at 70%, much over that and my corals would think its hurricane season! I think the mp10 produces some major flow, granted it may not be as wide as the mp40 but it sure doesnt take up...
  20. echopiece

RS Reef Care package

Terry, I read through most of it today. If you look on page 11 of the brochure, it explains a bit more in detail.