Search results

1. J

Strange Sand sifter behaviour

I just merged two tanks into one big one and each tank had a sand sifter. Since I put them both in, the larger one has covered the smaller one and has been there for many days now. They seem to move around the tank but the one remains on the other. Anyone know whats going on here?
  2. J

New 200 Gallon Deep Dimension

I am starting this thread to hopefully get some feedback and some good ideas on how I should keep this tank going and improve the quality of life for my stock. The tank is new, been up for about a month. I am merging two older 65 and 75 gallon tanks into this one. The live rock is already...
  3. J

Corals dying...

I usually don't post but I do a lot of reading. This time I have a problem that doesnt seem to be going away and my local Big Als doesn't seem to be able to help me find out the cause. Over the last couple of weeks some of my corals have been dying off. First it was my tourch. I have had...
  4. J

Growing in my corals

I don't know if I am supposed to post this question here, if not I am sorry. I have this white stuff growing in between some corals of mine. It used to be larger, now it seems to be shrinking. I can't quite tell but it looks like it may be growing from the inside of the live rock. Here is the...
  5. J

CowFish turning white.

A long time ago I had a cowfish that got ich and ended up dying. This leads to why I don't think this new cowfish has ich. He seems to be turning white. He is getting big patches of white on his body. Nothing is falling off. He is still completely active and eating fine which gives me hope...
  6. J

Green Algae something to worry about?

This is starting to spread in my tank. My tank is 8 months old and seems to be doing pretty good. Is this something I should take care of now before it gets worse?
  7. J

Jumpers and heat

I am fairly new to the hobby and I have two questions that I am looking for feedback on. The first one is my heaters... I have two tanks and I find that both heaters cannot keep the temp correct. I have them both set for 78 and I find that even though the water reaches 78, they stay on. I...