Search results

1. Mad Mike

Do you supplement elements?

Stront moly and mag, thats about it. Read an a few different articles on Iron and micro/macro algae. Seems the iron helps the growth and one article said that alot of the miricle mud breakdowns were due to depleted iron. Basically low iron =die off = algae...
  2. Mad Mike

How often are your hands in the tank?

Tell ya what I have noticed, my tank is way better off with my "nice clean hands" not in the tank. When I do have to go in I wear gloves or use tongs or scrapers with long handles or whatever. Tank is doing much better for it.
  3. Yellow_Colt_3_

Yellow_Colt_3_

4. Mad Mike

~ August '06 Photo Contest ~

Yellow! More of a fall color but I'll throw in =)
  5. Mad Mike

Looking for a Local Source for this product:

Try these guys =) It's a great site and Leroy and Sallyjo are good people. http://www.garf.org/news22p1.html#rock
  6. Mad Mike

An attempt to solving the CPR Overflow flooding issue.

I just start a water siphon in mine and drain it down into the sump. Hasn't failed yet every few days or so I just suck the air out that builds up.
  7. Mad Mike

Sick Bubble Coral

its one drop of Iodine to a lieter of lugols. Keep the PH the same in both and no more then a 10 minute dip.
  8. Mad Mike

Happy Birthday Witfull!

HBD Wit =)
  9. Mad Mike

The Madman does a little reaquascaping

So I guess this is more of my journal then I intended :) It looks like things are finally going well, I got my water parameters in line and I'm finding stuff that agrees with my lighting. I got some great help from Wit a few weeks back, Thank you Wit and as usual the support of all you guys...
  10. Mad Mike

Water test kit

I use the Lamott kits and I LOVE!! em. I had some real water quality issues and since I started using their kits Alkinity Phos Trates and Cal my water is perfect. I use sali for stront and mag and thats cuz last I looked lamott doesnt make em for those. You pay more for the lamott's but they are...
  11. Mad Mike

Seachem Reef Salt

Never happen, you will always need some form of sup, even with the God of all salts.
  12. Mad Mike

Seachem Reef Salt

Woody it's expensive to ship but worth every penny :) I drive mmmmm 400 miles to pick mine up. I make a day of it pack up the family and off we go. Maybe we can ship some parcel post, it's slow but its cheaper. PM me if you want to talk about it.
  13. Mad Mike

Crabs Aren't Evil Society

They do exactly what they are designed to do; clean up, and like anything else in nature weed out the weak. Sign me up!
  14. Blue and orange Yuma

Blue and orange Yuma

15. Mad Mike

Wiring Diagrams

Doesn't much matter :) look from top to bottom. Top is your line voltage aka feed, and the others go to the lamp =)
  16. Mad Mike

OT How do you make a living???

Humble Electrician ;)
  17. Mad Mike

LED lighting

Heres what I'm holding out for. The Japanese have been using this for years to light homes with no windows. http://pesn.com/2005/07/27/9600139_Fiber_Optics_Bring_Sun_Indoors/
  18. Mad Mike

Calibrating PH monitor

There is another way around this, if you are using the same outlet for all the devices; lighting,monitor ect you can put your monitor on a dedicated grounded line and it should eliminte and distortion from the electronics. I can't see your lighting being a problem unless it's all magnetic...
  19. Mad Mike

refugiem Quiz?

I had a mud set up when I first started the tank. I made loads of mistakes along the way and it got really polluted. When I sucked it all out it had that rotten egg smell (sulfuric acid?) and it really put my tank in a state of chaos. I figure anything that you use as a nutrient sponge has to...
  20. Mad Mike

Bam!