Search results

1. 69frogs

question about Triggers....

Hey this may or may not sound crazy but.....I have a niger triger in my reef reef tank with shrimp, crabs, clowns tangs gobies and many other tank mates. I have not had a single problem.
  2. 69frogs

rotifers

Ok so heres the deal. I have finally gotten my clown fish breeding. I have a nice hatchery set up. And now have about 35 clown larva. I have purchased 2 live rotifer culters. The rotifers have been going for about 3 days now. My question is can you see rotifer with a naked eye? If not how do I...
  3. 69frogs

help me set up my overflow box and sump!

ok guys/gals.....once again i call out for your knowledge. I just got a 120 gal aquarium it has a over flow and sump can any one tell me how to get it going or give me a link to some diagrams?:surrender:
  4. 69frogs

Who munched my Xenia?

Gorilla crab?
  5. 69frogs

Who munched my Xenia?

jjohnson3> yes its a blue spotted unicorn tang he is fed very well. Heck half the time I think My aquarium and whats inside live better than me. I feed him twice sometimes three times a day. Is this not enough? Varga> the fox face was my next suspect however he/she only picks at the long hair...
  6. 69frogs

Who munched my Xenia?

Ok so I got rid of my chocalate chip star..... However after close observation I have noticed my blue spot unicorn picking at my other soft corals... What are the chances that is was him that munched my xenia? these guys are suppose to be tipical swimmers (very active) and reef safe.
  7. 69frogs

Who munched my Xenia?

Ok folks Im calling on all brains in the reef! Someone munched my pulsing xenia! I have an 80 gal reef inhabited by 1 blue spotted unicorn tang 1 niger triger 1 perc clown 1 neon goby 2flame goby 1 lawn mower blenny 1 scooter blenny 1 sally light foot 12 hermits 13 snails 1 fox face and 1...
  8. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

sure would like to know how you did that!!! lol ANYHOW the last pic is the anenome (top left corner)
  9. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

I do have a picture in my gallery......you cant miss it! how I got it there I and not here ....I dont know
  10. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

unfortunatly any pics that i take are too large to post here....if you send my your emails i will send you pics. Im really not too sure on shipping as the cost of shipping may be well over the anenomes worth......really depends on what is being traded.
  11. 01-09-09_1915

01-09-09_1915

12. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

Yeah the L.F.S. has crossed my mind However, between the three that I have visited here in colorado spring the reputations have not been all that great (in my eyes) so i would kinda feel bad taking this guy to one of them. It has been with me for years now. any other ideas?
  13. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

Hey folks!! Ok so here is the deal. I have a large pink tip that has out grown my tank. I have an 80 gal and this little bugger takes up a large corner of the tank. I would like to trade him off for so stony corals or something of intrest. Is there anyone with any ideas on how to go about this...
  14. 69frogs

Large pink tip anenome

Hey folks!! Ok so here is the deal. I have a large pink tip that has out grown my tank. I have an 80 gal and this little bugger takes up a large corner of the tank. I would like to trade him off for so stony corals or something of intrest. Is there anyone with any ideas on how to go about this...
  15. 69frogs

sun coral

Ok folks this is freaking awsome! I just got large sun coral! at a price you would not belive $20!! But, here lies my question. I know sun corals are sinsitive to light and in nature grow at the mouth of caves.....but i use halides and florecent lighting (all in one fixture) where would be the...
  16. 69frogs

Long hair alage

Holly S***!!!! after reading and some postings I found the answer to the alage problem! I never knew phytoplankton would be rocket fuel for long hair! thats my problem! Ive been useing phyto to feed my clams and some of my other tank mates! Ok so now I know the cause..... how do I feed my clam?
  17. 69frogs

Help with lighting

just a currious question here.....It was said that the tank has been set up for 2 years now correct? so is it possible that the light bulbs have reached their end and are now throwing off the wrong spectrum?
  18. 69frogs

water?

I can not warn you enough.... DO NOT USE TAP WATER! RODI is the best other wise you will get red slime, and lots of other issues! you will truely regret using tap. If youre like me and only a few years into the hobbie and dont have alot of equipment or money there are a few options. You can buy...
  19. 69frogs

Long hair alage

Lmao! youre right about the basics however it has been an on going problem. I just fragged my finger leather coral.....doesnt seem to be doing so well right now. I have done alot of research and reading on fragging so, I thought I was ready. Everyone says it will be ok and, I hope so. It was a...
  20. 69frogs

Long hair alage

Ok since im new here i figure i would see what you guys have to say. Now that I have calmed down after my first fragging experience......lol let me ask... what is the best way to get long hair alage under control? I have cleaner shrimp, hermit crabs, snails, a sally light foot, and a lawn mower...